Monday, January 26, 2015

Beating the Hangover Part 2

I've never been a big drinker. To be honest, I only like beer and red wine and hate the taste of anything strong or anything "burning". However, I will have water most of the time when I go out.

Last week, my boyfriend's best friend came to visit and I had a little too much to drink. I had never, ever gone to bed with my makeup on. I woke up at 4am, saw myself in the mirror, cringed (and took off all my makeup) and then was unable to sleep for the rest of the night. I truly felt like shit. Add to that the following cherry on the top: I got my period later that day resulting in excruciating cramps. It was bad. 

That's why I came up with the idea to either a) write a post or b) make a video on "Beating the Hangover". I went with "a".


Tip #1: Stay hydrated.
When you drink alcohol, your body gets dehydrated. It's most likely you'll be feeling nauseous and dizzy the next day. Drink plenty of water. More than usual. 

Tip #2: Cleanse deeply.
I love oil-based cleansers. Oil acts like a magnet trapping dirt, makeup and excess oil. If you went to bed with your makeup on, remove it as soon as you can. I love using the Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil because it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes (I wear contacts), it doesn't leave an oily film, breaks down all my waterproof makeup and doesn't dry out my skin. I'm already on my fourth bottle. 



 Tip #3: Exfoliate and use your favorite face mask.

Spoil yourself. Exfoliate your skin before using a face mask. The Nude Detox Brightening Fizzy Powder Wash is a treat for the skin. Mix a little bit with water and apply it to your skin using circular motions. It has stabilized vitamin C, so it will instantly brighten the skin, but it's also loaded with hydrating agents and you can actually feel the oils as you're rinsing your skin.

I followed up with the Arcona Tea Tree Mask. I've raved about this mask so much and I still think it's an underrated product. You never hear anyone talking about this yet it's so damn good; so good I'm about to repurchase it for the fifth time very soon. It is minty, refreshing, cooling and a total spa-like product that instantly delivers results. But use a mask that you love. Your skin needs the extra TLC during a horrible hangover!

Tip #4: Add extra weightless moisture to the skin - both eye, face and neck area.
I have been using eye serums since last year and love them. They add extra moisture under the eyes - the area that shows how tired you really are. I have been using the HydraFacial MD ETX Age-Refining Eye Gel and find it moisturizing and tightening. I like to wait a couple of minutes before proceeding to my eye cream, and my go-to for tired times is Sunday Riley Start Over. Some people claim it burns their eyes. Luckily, I don't get this reaction and I love I can apply it on heavily so it acts as an eye mask. This eye cream instantly firms and awakens my eyes.


My skin was so dehydrated that day. I had dry patches on many areas and my skin just felt blah. In the morning I used Tatcha Deep Hydrating Firming Serum because it contains 23-karat gold adds a soft, glowy, undetectable glow to the skin while plumping it. I then sprayed Tatcha Dewy Mist which leads me to...

Tip #5: Don't wear any makeup and let your skin breathe. 

 I find the Tatcha Deep Hydration Serum + Dewy Mist to be the perfect combination for someone with good skin who doesn't like wearing much makeup and just wants the skin to look juicy and healthy. The Dewy Mist has been a favorite for years because it truly gives you "dewy" skin. 

And I don't know about you, but my lips were super dry that day. I suffer from extremely dry, chapped lips in general and my go-to lip balm is the Tatcha Camellia Moisturizing Lip Balm. I actually find it much more effective than Nuxe Reve de Miel.


At night I followed the same routine for my eyes but changed things for the rest of my face. I used HydraFacial MD Antiox-6 which is an antioxidant enriched serum with hyaluronic acid. This product is like water for my skin. It instantly gets rid of dryness and is completely weightless on the skin. I like to use a pump for my face and another one for my neck. I then followed up with the Fresh Seaberry Oil and set it with Caudalie Moisture Recovery Cream. All of these are great for normal to dry skin. 

Tip #6: Get plenty of sleep.
 Go to bed earlier than usual. The sooner you go to bed and the more you sleep, the better you'll feel the day after. 



6 comments:

  1. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. منسبات الكويت, افراح الكويت, دعوة عشاء, دعوات, دار المناسبات, اعراس الكويت, تطبيق دار المناسبات, اكبر تجمع للكويت, الكويتيين, كويتيات, اهل الكويت
    دار المناسبات هو أول موقع وتطبيق في الكويت يشمل كافة مناسبات الكويت العامة والخاصة تستطيع الان وبكل سهولة متابعة جميع مناسبات عائلتك ومحافظتك بإشعارات فورية ودون إزعاج فقط قم بظبط الإشعارات على المناسبات التي ترغب في متابعتها
    منسبات الكويت, افراح الكويت, دعوة عشاء, دعوات, دار المناسبات, اعراس الكويت, تطبيق دار المناسبات, اكبر تجمع للكويت, الكويتيين, كويتيات, اهل الكويت


    ReplyDelete
  3. مظلات وسواتر
    السبيعى للمظلات والسواتر تصميمات منوعه فى مظلات وسواتر مؤسسة الشامل
    نقدمها لكم الان على موقنا تصميمات جميلة
    جدا ومميزة فى اعمال المظلات والسواتر
    سواتر ومظلات, مظلات وسواتر, سواتر, مظلات
    مظلات وسواتر

    ReplyDelete
  4. شركة تسويق الكترونى
    ميكسيوجى شركة تسويق الكتروني,
    اشهار مواقع, سيو, تصميم مواقع,
    تطبيقات الهاتف, خدمات تسويق الكتروني, خدمات سيو,شركة تسويق الكترونى هدفنا هو التسويق لمنتجك على نطاق واسع , ودائم اكثر من وسائل الاعلان الاخرى شركة ميكسيوجى شركة تسويق الكتروني تساعدك فى نشر اعلانك ل شركتك , مكتبك , عيادتك وغيرة من الخدمات عبر الانترنت نحن شركة تسويق الاكترونى نعمل معا لتحقيق اهدافك واحلامك

    شركة تسويق الكترونى

    ReplyDelete
  5. مظلات وسواتر
    تصميمات منوعه فى مظلات وسواتر مؤسسة الشامل
    نقدمها لكم الان على موقنا تصميمات جميلة
    جدا ومميزة فى اعمال المظلات والسواتر
    سواتر ومظلات, مظلات وسواتر, سواتر, مظلات
    مظلات وسواتر

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I love your blog, so thank you for sharing all your thoughts! Also, I wanted to try the tatcha dewy mist. But I use Tony moly sleek mist for oil control of my t zone as I have combo skin. If I were to use the dewy mist. How do you think I should use it? Sleek mist and then follow with dewy mist? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete