Saturday, January 3, 2015

Natural Dewy Makeup Look

This post is all about juicy-looking skin. Radiant. Dewy. Healthy.

As always, I begin every look with my eyes. I used Mac Paint Pot in the shade "Painterly" to even out my eyelid's skin tone. Paint Pots are not primers, contrary to what you have heard. They crease easily, so you should use the slightest amount. I applied it with my ring finger. 

I then applied Inglot #77 Gel Liner to my top lashline creating a flick; this creates the illusion of bigger eyes. I followed with three coats of mascara on my top lashes using Lancome Hypnose Drama and one coat on my bottom lashes.

I took my time with my eyebrows; more than usual. Brows is one of those things that may seem easy to "do" but I find it extremely difficult. I brushed my hairs up and filled any gaps with Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in the shade "Granite".


As you can see below, Lancome Hypnose Drama adds a good amount of thickness.




Prepping the complexion is always important. You should never, ever apply foundation to a un-moisturized face. My go-to day serum is Tatcha Deep Hydration Firming Serum which not only quenches the skin, but also adds a believable healthy glow thanks to the 24-karat gold it contains.

Since I wanted minimal foundation on my skin, I blended a bit of concealer under my eyes -- my favorite, Bourjois Happy Light followed by half a pump of Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream. I applied it and blended it with my fingertips. I've talked about this BB Cream before. It is an ACTUAL BB Cream - not a simple tinted moisturizer. My skin always looks a lot better after I've used this. It also provides a good amount of hydration, and if I don't powder it, it will leave a luminous finish. 

The beautiful blush on the picture above is from Anna Sui, a Japanese brand and the shade is 300. 


A highlighter is a must for a dewy appearance to the skin. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in the shade "Opal" on the top of the cheekbones adds the perfect glow while a bit of Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium creates the perfect contour.




As for the tools I used:

1. Spooly to brush my eyebrows up
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills #15 brush to fill in brows
3. Mac 210 to apply gel liner
4. Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Blush to apply concealer
5. Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply highlighter
6. Mac 168 Brush to apply blush
7. Artdeco Foundation Brush to apply contour


For lipstick I went with Mac Ablaze which was limited edition. If anyone knows of a good dupe for this lipstick, please let me know! I rarely use it because I love it so much.


This is the only picture I edited on this post (PicsArt for anyone interested) because my bathroom objects were too obvious on the background #selfiefail.



No comments:

Post a Comment