Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Korean Beauty Rave: Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream and Etude House Silky CC Cream Review




When my friend, Fenny sent me an Asian care-package, I was overwhelmed by the amount of "BB" and "CC" samples. I was aware that the BB and CC trend began in Asia, where after its incredible popularity, the western side decided to make some themselves. It was annoying for me, to be honest. In 2013 American beauty companies starting adding BB, CC and even DD to their labels. Even drugstores started "making" - and I used quotation marks because I know of some brands who had BB Creams out but they had the same ingredient list as previous products. In other words, they just changed the label but you were basically getting the same exact product. 

What is a "BB Cream" though? It stands for Beauty Balm.

What is a "CC Cream"? It's a correcting cream. 

The whole idea behind this is that you get your SPF, moisturizer, primer and foundation all in one. Perfect for gals on the go who have very little time to get ready in the mornings. 

Fenny advised me to use the CC Cream prior to the BB Cream. Today I will be reviewing a lovely duo she sent me which I have just fallen head over heals. I've been using it non-stop in the mornings. Hope you enjoy.


*Unretouched photos* From left to right: Bare face, with Etude House Correct & Care Silky CC Cream, with Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream, with complete face makeup.


The Breakdown 


Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream Silky SPF 30 / PA++


Amount I use to cover my face

The Etude House Silky CC Cream SPF 30+++ (35g / 1.23 oz.) is very thick, white cream with a light floral/citrus-y scent that leaves a noticeable white cast on the face but manages to correct my skintone by getting rid of redness. 

Company Claims vs. Personal Thoughts

Combats wrinkles: I'm turning 25 soon and I don't have noticeable wrinkles aside from expression lines which are completely normal to have. Therefore, I can't say much about this. 

Reduces stress: Really? Seriously? *laughs*

Moisturizes: I have normal skin and my answer is no. I use a serum and moisturizer below this because if I don't, it'll cling even more to dry patches.

Primes: I guess so. I use it as a primer. I do notice my BB cream is even more long-wearing when I pair them together.

Covers: I would say this has very light coverage. However it manages to get rid of most redness. 6/10

Offers sun protection: Yep! 

Whitens: It has made my skin look better over time. 7/10

Makes skin glow: No. This is actually very matte to me. I have read though that there is a "Glow" version that is more suitable for those with dry skin and provides a glow. 2/10


Overall I think it's a great product and it's something I wouldn't have grabbed myself, so I'm glad I have a knowledgeable friend who gifted it to me.

Would I purchase it? Yes. 

Shop it here


Missha Perfect Cover B.B. Cream SPF 42 / PA+++


Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ (20ml - Travel size) was the first sample I used out of Fenny's care package. I like to think it was meant to be. Shade 27 Honey Beige matched me perfectly. I was awed by how much little product I needed to get medium coverage. The amount of compliments I've received while wearing this makes me love it even more. I've also noticed how good my skin feels when I remove it. Unlike foundations or Western BB Creams, I actually feel a difference using this product. I've also noticed my skin has improved and it doesn't aggravate existing blemishes I may have. 


Exact amount I used to cover my face
The consistency is thick but blends effortlessly and feels extremely lightweight 


*Unretouched photos* From left to right: After Etude Houe CC Cream application, After Missha BB Cream application

Company Claims vs. Personal Thoughts

Excellent coverage: Yes. For a BB cream, the coverage is phenomenal and covers more than say, By Terry Sheer Expert which is a light coverage foundation I love. 9/10

Lightweight: Absolutely. I used this while I was in Virginia and Washington D.C. Some days were cool, others, out of nowhere, hot, sticky and humid. I remember one day in particular where my family and I went to D.C. to visit several monuments and we walked many, many miles and it even rained on us. When I got home, my skin looked great despite the extremely humid weather. 10/10

UV Protection: Yes. 

Anti-aging: I've always thought and will forever think this is a marketing gimmick. That being said, I love that it contains nurturing ingredients like hyaluronic acid, ceramides and soothing ones like chamomile and rosemary extract and antimicrobial like tea tree. 9/10

Dark spot correction: This is a surprise for me. For the first time I've found a BB cream that works. I cannot describe how well my skin feels after I remove this. It's like silk. My skin tone has also improved. 9/10

*Unretouched photos* Left to right: After using Etude House CC Cream, after using Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream
Something I want to share is that this has a light sunscreen scent to it, not overpowering, though.

Would I purchase it? I just made an order! Missha is currently having their annual sale and the full size BB cream is 50% off! Just $11. Steal.

Shop it here

*Unretouched photos* From left to right: bare face, after full face of makeup applied using Etude House CC Cream and Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream

Disclaimer: Even though these products were sent to me as gifts, I never recommend something unless I genuinely think the product is worth it. My job is to share with you what I love and point out what I dislike in order to help you make the best decision when shopping. Xoxo,
Pat


2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely write-up, and your skin looks flawless (as if it wasn't before) with both the BB and CC! I'm so glad you're loving the products! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin is FAR from flawless but that Missha BB cream lets me fake it. I absolutely ADORE IT!! Thank you so much dear XOXO

      Delete