Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My REN Collection

My love for REN began a couple years ago when Hannah Georgina mentioned how good the REN No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm was. Since I feel she and I share similar tastes in skincare, I gave the cleansing balm a go. It was my first time using a cleansing balm and I was pleasantly surprised and how gentle yet effective it was. We are in 2014 and I've ready repurchased it as I have found nothing more soothing and relaxing to use at night.  

Here's a bold statement: if I could pick one skincare line to use for the rest of my life, it'd be REN. If you would like to know more about the products I've used, keep on reading.



REN No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm 



I won't go too in depth about the No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm - now called "Rosa Centifolia No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm" ($48 / 5.1 oz.) because I've already reviewed it, but to summarize it
  • It's a cleansing balm that you massage between your dry hands so it becomes an oil and you then massage it onto a dry face.
  • Take a good 1-2 minutes (or more, if you can) massaging it all over your face and neck. Once it comes in contact with water, it'll turn into a milk.
  • Remove it with a damp flannel. If you wore makeup that day, you will see the makeup residues on the flannel.
  • It's almond oil based.
  • It gently removes makeup and sunscreen.
  • It has a light rose scent.
  • You actually get a lot of product and using this product daily can last you a pretty six months. 
  • I use it at night.
The No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm is hands down one of my favorite products of all time and I see myself repurchasing it again and again. 

Shop it here


REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask
If you're way into the beauty world then you already know the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask ($55 / 1.7 oz.) is a cult-favorite which in my opinion, deserves all the hype.

This mask has a jelly consistency that has the most fruity, delicious scent ever. It uses natural fruit acids - passionfruit, lemon, pineapple, grape and papaya - as well as lactic acid and 6.5% of glycolic to gently exfoliate the skin. What I love so much about this mask is that you see the results immediately after you rinse it off. You are left behind with such a gorgeous glow. On top of that, I find it very soothing and detoxifying. It's a staple in my routine for sure. 

Long-time effects include a reduction of fine lines, more even skin tone and less blackheads and blemishes. 

Quick skincare fact to keep in mind: glycolic acid (AHA) only exfoliates the surface of the skin. On the other hand, salicylic acid (BHA) is able to penetrate in pores. This product does not contain salicylic acid.

I do want to point out I have read other people say this mask has had the opposite effect on their skin: burns, irritations, bumps or just general allergic reactions. I always say this to people: every skin is different and what works for some may not work for others. Always patch test when possible or remove the product immediately with cold water if you feel like something isn't going right. 

Shop it here.


REN Vita Mineral Daily Supplement Moisturising Cream
This is another REN product I've repurchased. I began using it when it was called "Vita Mineral Day Cream" and I love how quickly my skin absorbed it leaving it supple and never greasy. I described it as my little black dress for my face. I was slightly upset when I heard REN reformulated most of their line and I asked them what they had changed in the moisturizer's formula and I was told it contained a few more emolliants. Honestly, I like the older version better as it was formulated specifically for those with Normal Skin whereas the now called Daily Supplement Moisturizing Cream ($38 / 1.7 oz.) is formulated for All Skin Types. Despite the difference, I still continue to use the reformulated version because it does its job - plumps my skin and doesn't make it greasy. I feel like the new formula has more slip to it and less of the rose scent. 

The Vita Mineral Daily Supplement Moisturizing Cream contains Artic Cranberry Seed oil, Vitamin P from rose petals to soothe and decongest, Vitamin F which helps reduce sensitivity and Magnesium to relax facial features.


Shop it here


REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk
I look forward to getting up in the morning just to massage the REN Evercalm Cleansing Milk ($28 / 5.1 oz) onto my face (I apply it onto dry skin then rinse with water). It is that lush. So I purchased another full size before even finishing my current one. I love using this day and night. I find it gentle enough for the morning yet nurturing enough for the evening. I think this is a good all-rounder since it's suitable for those with problematic/sensitive skin, dry or normal skin. No matter if I'm having a good or bad skin day, I always find this thick cream to be absolutely soothing. My face never feels dry nor tight. I'll be getting a third bottle. 

I love how it's packed with such great food for the skin like Omegas 3 and 7 and Flavonoids. In other word, this moisturizers, soothes and heals. So, so lovely. 

Shop it here



I have yet to try more from their range, but I can only speak good things about everything I have used. I am huge REN fan and I highly recommend it to everyone. I've actually got my sister (who has been using REN for about a year) and my best friend (who began using it a month ago) hooked and they both love it! 

Pros
  • There is something for everyone (wide range of products for different skin types)
  • No parabens
  • No sulphates
  • No silicones
  • No mineral oil
  • No petrolatum
  • No synthetic fragrances
  • No synthetic colors
  • No T.E.A
  • No D.E.A
  • No PEGS
  • No glycols
Cons
  • Some people may react to certain ingredients (as with all skin care) -> Always patch test when in doubt. 

In other word, it's free of nasties many skincare companies still use. 

I love knowing what I'm adding to my skin is clean.


Have you tried anything by REN? If so, which products do you recommend I try next?

Disclaimer: All the items mentioned were purchased using my own money. I am not sponsored by REN but I am addicted to them. XOXO,
Pat
















6 comments:

  1. I don't love the Gentle Cleansing Milk but I do love the Radiance Renewal mask. I adore REN as a brand and appreciate the quality of their products and ingredients. I really want to try more from them so I can have a lot of REN in my skincare stash x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd find a cleanser that you do like since they have a wide range! If you like one that foams you should sample their Micro Polish Cleanser Xo

      Delete
  2. Sounds really like a lovely brand! I like the fact that it doesn't contain any nasties.
    I've yet to try cleansing balms... I need to investigate where to find Ren in Dubai!
    Thanks for your review! Always informative and very well written!
    Much love sis! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Do investigate and if you can't find it I'll make it get to you!

      I can't say you will love cleansing balms 100%. I've noticed some people really dislike them - and those people are usually those who love foaming products that lather / use a clarasonic. Cleansing balms require more time and patience but in my personal experience, I find them to be SO relaxing to use and they're just spa-like... If you love oils and massaging your face you'd like cleansing balms... I always use a flannel at the end to remove any residue but my skin is baby soft afterwards...

      Thank you so much for the great feedback! You know I really appreciate it! XOXO

      Delete
  3. I've only tried one product, it was a sample but I loved it after a week of use. These seem pretty good too, I might start looking more into this brand.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very beautiful brand, Madiha. Let me know if you try any products! Xo

      Delete