Saturday, July 30, 2016

Current Skincare Backups

It's not news I'm a huge skincare lover. I believe it's much better to invest in good skincare in order to feel more confident under your own skin, and believe me, you'll be less inclined to splurge on high coverage foundations because you'll find yourself needing less makeup to cover up. Not that there's anything wrong with them, for instance I'm still a huge a huge fan of the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer which is the most full-coverage foundation I own.




If I have backups of something it means I truly love the product. Today I'll be showing you my current backups and give you a brief explanation of why I love them so much.


Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel 

Dr. Dennis Gross' is one of my favorite lines. Skincare is very subjective; aside from things that may work for some may not work for others, sometimes it can take months for a product to show results. Not with Dr. Dennis Gross. His products are, in my opinion, one of the quickest to show results. I cannot live without the Medi-Spa Peels. They're part of my Sunday ritual. Richly soaked in 15 acids, these peels exfoliate the skin revealing firming, plumper, luminous and a more even even-toned. The Peptide Milk that comes with it is delicious and packed with excellent ingredients. 



Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting 


Serums have become more popular in the skincare world and I've always been a fan of them.  You'll find them to be pricier than moisturizers, but most serums have a higher number of ingredients that will penetrate the skin at a deeper level. This one by Caudalie is one I've been using for years. It has a milky texture, smells divine, feels lightweight, it's oil free and at the same time fights hyperpigmentation. 


Caudalie Makeup-Removing Cleansing Oil 


Yes, this does a great job at removing makeup, but I prefer to use it as a "skin" cleanser usually in the morning or as a first cleanse at night to breakdown makeup or SPF. It's low in ingredients, has a thick texture that smells like almonds and feels extremely soft on the skin. It doesn't emulsify much, but I feel like it does a great job at cleansing. Most importantly, it's one I often reach for when my skin is congested. With consistent use, it makes my skin clearer. You can shop it here


Sarah Chapman Skinesis Ultimate Cleanse 


This was a splurge while I was at NYC. My friend Rita named this one of her favorite cleansers and I genuinely trust her recommendations, so it's something I needed. I love this because it's a balm but it comes in a pump form, so the ingredients are preserved. One pump of the Ultimate Cleanse is sufficient for my face and neck. Yes, it's pricey, but the ingredients are absolutely delicious. This is like aromatherapy for the skin. I never use this to break down makeup because it is far too luxurious. If you want to give yourself a long facial massage, this is something you should consider investing in. Some of the ingredients include sweet almond oil, beeswax, jojoba, camphor oil, eucalyptus leaf oil, chamomile, neroli, jasmine and rose. It is LUSH. 





Omorovicza Cleansing Foam 


Also a pricey one and I usually don't gravitate towards foam cleansers, but this one is sulphate free, feels creamy, doesn't dry out my skin and a tiny bit goes a very long way. My last tube lasted a year. If you're considering getting this, I advise you to wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday because their website offers 30% off. I absolutely love the smell and love including it in my cleansing ritual. 



Arcona Cranberry Toner 


This replaced my beloved Caudalie Moisturizing Toner. The Arcona Cranberry Toner is more than just a toner. The cranberry extract helps protect and clarify the skin, contains vitamins, phyto-nutrients and essential fatty acids. It also contains Vitamin E as an antioxidant, as well as omegas 3,6,9 and rice milk. Even after double cleansing, this toner is able to pull more dirt. My skin is left so soft and ready for my next skincare steps. If you get it, remember to shake it before using it. PS: it has a sweet, delicious cranberry scent, so if you don't like the smell of cranberry or sweet scents, you might not like this. 



Dr. Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster




Skin doesn't have to feel heavy to achieve radiance. I am obsessed with this booster by Dr. Dennis Gross. You can use it alone before your serum, mix it with your serum or moisturizer or even makeup. The ingredient list is superb and I always notice and immediate difference after applying this. My skin looks uber healthy and naturally glowy. This is for men and women who notice their skin is looking lackluster or dull. Absolutely worth it.  



Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Extra Strength Formula 


I really cannot live without these. If I stop using them, I notice it in my skin - not in a good way. It's not that I break out like crazy, but these peels keep blemishes at bay. It's very important to exfoliate your skin to get rid of dead cells that are laying on the surface of the skin. Think about it - if you have tons of dead skin cells sitting on your skin, they won't allow the rest of your skincare to penetrate properly. My skin has been more even toned, radiant and these peels have literally helped my self-esteem because I feel more comfortable in my own skin. 



Caudalie Beauty Elixir 


I know this contains alcohol, but I have used this product for so many years and I've never had a negative experience with it. If you have really dry skin, I wouldn't recommend it. But it's super refreshing, minty and perfect for these hot months. I also like spraying it when I'm feeling tired, when I'm breaking out (because it seems to help fight my blemishes) or prior to a mask. You can shop it here, and earn MyCaudalie points! 




Dr. Dennis Gross Firming Peptide Milk 


This milk used to only be available if you purchased the Medi-Spa Peels, but luckily Dr. Gross made it available on its own, phew! This milk's texture is exactly like the name suggests - milky. I love using it after using my regular Alpha Beta Peels. The ingredients are amazing - tripeptide-21, collagen amino acids, ceramides, arnica, retinol, coconut water and juice - and the list goes on. This is beautiful to use on its own. It leaves skin feeling so soft and taken care of. You can shop it here



Thanks for reading! I hope you found some good recommendations. Are there any backups you currently have? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment