Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Clarins Blue Orchid Treatment Oil

Yes, I have mentioned before that I have combination skin. So, why put an oil on my face? Especially one that's meant for Dehydrated Skin?

Let me share my story: for a long time, I was stubborn about moisturizing my face because my skin was so oily. I would say to myself "Why put anything on your skin? It's just going to make it oilier!"
Then I started getting these weird dry patches on some areas of my skin, and others would be oily.

I love Clarins. I've always had. I think they have natural, incredible and very effective products. I had read about this treatment oil before the face oil trend came out. 100% natural pure plant extracts and zero preservatives? That is sounds lovely. This wonderful product contains:


  • Rosewood, Patchouli and Blue Orchid: tone the skin and restore its radiance
  • Hazelnut Oil: helps prevent moisture loss and the formation of fine lines 


What a lovely and healthy cocktail for the skin! I gave it a shot and I got it. Interested? Keep reading!










First of all, it smells like a dream. I apply a thin layer of this at night and I swear I think it makes me sleep better. It's one of those things I wish I could bathe in.

Surprisingly, this not only helped my skin get rid of those dry patches, it actually made my skin look plump and beautiful. I realized my skin was dehydrated - I wasn't really paying attention to moisturizing my face and instead, I was using acne products which were making my skin ever dryer.


Results
Things that I've noticed since using this product for about 2 and a half months:

- My skin is softer
- My skin is more radiant
- My skin is clearer
- My pores are smaller

Also, my skin has not become any oilier because of this - if anything, it has controlled my oil production. I think my face was over-producing sebum before from not moisturizing properly.

Application
I apply it by first spraying a mist on my face (La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water) to moisten my face, making the oil absorb better. I pour a little bit of oil on my hands and rub them together to warm up the oil. Then I gently place my hands on my face so my skin absorbs the product, then gently massage to spread it evenly. Voila!

Extra Information
Clarins makes two other treatment oils:

  •  Santal Face Treatment Oil for Dry / Extra Dry Skin
  • Lotus Face Treatment Oil for Combination / Oily Skin
So why did I get the one for Dehydrated Skin?
I wanted to make sure my face was receiving lots of healthy goodies while I was sleeping. I also read better reviews about this one than the other oils. I don't regret buying the one for dehydrated skin, since the Blue Orchid oil has dramatically improved my skin. I love it and I will be re-purchasing once I run out. Although, this little bottle will last you for a long time!

And you may be wondering: "It's silly it doesn't have a dropper! My oil comes in the older packaging. The new one comes with a dropper. Woohoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment