Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Andalou Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask Review



If your complexion is dull and lacking luster, you will love this mask. And if you can tolerate the smell of pumpkin pie (I like it!).

Interested? Read more!



Andalou is an organic brand sold at Whole Foods. Last year, I found myself walking on their skincare aisle (me??) looking at different products - but honestly, I had never tried any of the brands they sold. I met a very kind gentleman who was extremely helpful. He asked me what I was looking for and suggested the Andalou Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask. I was 22 back then, and had never tried glycolic acid, but I had heard wonders about its benefits in Ruth Crilly's YouTube channel (@amodelrecommends). I got it, went home and read about it (as I usually do with products I use), then applied it and let it sit on my face for ten minutes.

Then I wished I had thanked that gentleman twice. This mask is FANTASTIC and results are immediate even after the first application. I didn't have any major issues back then other than the occasional hormonal breakouts, spots/scars as a result from picking and some uneven patches due to going to the beach and not wearing sunscreen (never again), but man, my skin looked great after rinsing this off! 

Andalou works with advanced fruit stem cell science, which means it renews the skin at a cellular level - it goes deep within. The combination of pumpkin, honey (soothing, moisturizing) and glycolic acid exfoliate and resurface the skin. It also contains Vitamin C which is one of the best antioxidants you can put on your face - it's fantastic for clearing up dark spots and well known for its anti-aging properties. The results? Bright, clear, even complexion. An extra plus? It's a chemical exfoliant. Non-abrasive!


Here is the full list of ingredients from their website:

Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Puree*, Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*, Vegetable Glycerin, Manuka Honey, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Juice*, Pectin, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cyamopsis Tetragonolobus (Guar) Gum*, Fruit Stem Cell and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Lecithin, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract*, Calophyllum Tacamahaca (Tamanu) and Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Oils, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract*†, Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon), Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) and Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Powders*
*Organic
† Fair Trade
Made naturally without GMO’s, gluten, paraben preservatives, petrochemicals, phthalates, sulfates, synthetic colors, dyes and fragrances. Verified Gluten-Free 100% Eco-friendly, Vegetarian & Cruelty-Free







Texture
Creamy, goes on light orange. It reminds me of pumpkin puree. 

Scent
Pumpkin pie. Again, this is an organic product.






Results
First application: my face was glowing. I applied a thin layer and felt a tolerable tingly sensation, which is good because it meant it was working. I left it on for ten minutes, then easily rinsed it off with cool water. I had no irritations whatsoever despite its active AHA's. It was nice to know that my face could tolerate glycolic acid. Although I wish they specified the percentage it contains. But then again, I have tough combo skin...

I've been using this mask for months now and I'm extremely impressed at how good and effective it is. Scarring has faded, I get less spots, and the overall luminosity of my skin improves after each application. 

Highly recommended!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Friends! If you want to remove your scar in low budget then the Klinik Esthetika is the best option for you, this clinic is use latest technology and they have well & experienced doctor, because I was take their service for Acne scar Removal

    ReplyDelete