Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Face of the day (22.01.13): No-Makeup Makeup

Hi everyone!

I have been wanting to do a "no-makeup makeup" look for a while. I love the whole idea of it - wearing makeup that looks natural enough for people to think that you either have perfect skin or you're just glowing from within. Ironically enough, I found it to be quite challenging, and I ended up using a good amount of products. 

I hope you enjoy the post!



Hola a todos!

He tenido ganas de hacer un look de "maquillaje sin maquillaje" desde hace un tiempo. Me encanta la idea - usar maquillaje de una manera tan natural que la gente piense que tienes la piel perfecta o que sencillamente te veas radiante y fresca. Irónicamente, encontré este look un poco difícil y terminé usando bastante productos.

Espero que les guste!




Face/Rostro



Lately, I've been using La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat as a primer. I love the product as it is - it definitely controls oil production even on humid, tropical climates. It also reduces the size of pores. It really creates a smooth canvas for makeup to go glide on easily.

He estado utilizando La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat como un primer. Amo el producto en si - definitivamente controla y reduce la grasa en la piel hasta en climas húmedos y tropicales. También reduce el tamaño de los poros. Crea una superficie lisa y suave para que el maquillaje pueda aplicarse con más facilidad. 




I used Clinique Acne Solutions as my foundation for today. I have some annoying spots on my forehead, which is why I chose to use this one. Why? It covers so flawlessly, I don't even have to conceal my spots. 

The shade I used was "05 Fresh Beige", but it's a wee-bit too dark for me at the moment, so I applied just a thin layer, buffing it gently. 



Utilicé Clinique Acne Solutions como mi base de hoy. Por qué? Tengo unos granitos en mi frente, y esta base cubre tan perfectamente, que no necesito aplicar corrector sobre ellos después. 

El tono es "05 Fresh Beige", el cual es un poco muy oscuro para mi en estos momentos, así que apliqué una capa fina de manera delicada. 






To create an effortless, healthy glow, I used my Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder in the shade "002 Sunlight". 

It is very hard to overdo this, and it looks extremely natural. Very buildable. You can use it all over the face, but I applied it to the areas where the sun would naturally hit. 



Para que la piel se viera radiante, utilicé Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder en el tono "002 Sunlight".

Te puedes poner tantas capas que siempre se verá muy natural. Lo puedes utilizar en todo el rostro, pero yo lo usé donde el sol naturalmente caería.  




If you're looking for a natural-looking color to apply to your cheeks, I strongly suggest to go for a cream blush. For this look, I chose Tarte Cheek Stain in the shade "Flush". It creates a dewy effect on your cheeks, similar to the shade you naturally get after you go out for a run. 

I applied it to my fingertips, and then tapped it onto my cheeks.


Si lo que buscas es conseguir un color muy natural en tus mejillas, te recomiendo que utilices un rubor en crema. Para este look, elegí Tarte Cheek Stain en el tono "Flush". Tiene un acabado radiante y cremoso, mas no grasoso. El color es parecido a ese que se forma naturalmente en tus mejillas luego de haber corrido. 

Lo apliqué en las yemas de mis dedos y luego en mis mejillas.





Mac's Painterly Paint Pot makes a great base for eyeshadows, but it also makes a great color to use on its own to hide any discoloration or veins that show up on the eyelids.

I applied it using my fingertips.


I had some pretty bad circles today, so I first used Benefit Erase Paste in the shade "2 Medium", followed by Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer in the shade "002 Beige". 



El Paint Pot Painterly de Mac es una excelente base para las sombras, pero también es un color excelente para utilizar en los párpados para cubrir cualquier descoloración o venas. 

Para cubrir mis ojeras, empecé utilizando un corrector con tonos naranjas para neutralizar los tonos azules de éstas - Benefit Erase Paste en el color "02 Medium" - seguido por Diorskin Nude Perfecting Hydrating Concealer en el tono "002 Beige". 

Ya explique la diferencia entre "corrector" y "concealer" aquí




To seal everything in place, and get rid of unwanted shine, I used my Dior Capture Totale Loose Powder in 001 Bright Light.


Para sellar todo y quitar brillo donde no lo quería, utilicé polvo suelto - Dior Capture Totale Loose Powder en el tono "001 Bright Light". 



Eyes/Ojos



I started off using Stila's Kajal Eyeliner in the shade "Onyx" all over my top waterline only.

I then curled my lashes with a Revlon eyelash curler. 

I applied two coats of Hypnose Drama mascara by Lancome.

I filled my brows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade "Dark Brown". 




Empecé utilizando el delineador Kajal se Stila en el color "Onyx" solamente en la linea de agua superior. 

Usé un rizador de pestañas de Revlon, y como rimel utilicé Hypnose Drama de Lancome. 

Rellené mis cejas con Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo en el tono "Dark Brown".


Lips/Labios


I went for a light rose shade, simiar to my lip's natural color - Bourjois in the shade "08 Rose Délicat".


Elegí este labial de Bourjois en el tono "08 Rose Délicat" porque es un rosa suave similar al color natural de mis labios. 




The final look?


El resultado final?



14 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia!

    Gorgeous! I love the end result!
    Your skin looks so fresh and healthy! The lipstick is perfect!
    You are right, it's a very simple look but yet difficult to recreate! You've nailed it!
    Kisses!

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear!! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm going to check it out right now :)
      Thank you so much for your feedback. XOXO!!

      Patricia

      Delete
    2. Agreed! You look so fresh and effortlessly beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Que bella, me encanta como te queda ese blush! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your look is flawless so natural and fresh. I have to resist to that foundation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing final look Patricia!! Your skin glows and I adored that!!

    Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. im so impressed!please share how you applied those products

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I wrote it down so I don't forget! xx

    ReplyDelete