Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lorac Pro Review and Swatches

Now I understand what all the hype was about. The Lorac Pro shades are buttery and so easy to work with! Oh yes, and they're beautiful

If you have had your eye on this palette - or simply if you've never seen it before and you would like to see a combination of gorgeous matte and shimmery shadows that are extremely easy to blend, keep on reading!



The Lorac Pro Palette comes with eight matte shades (White, Cream Taupe, LT. Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black) and eight shimmery shades (Nude, Champagne, Gold, LT. Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate) which I find brilliant because you get to experiment with two types of formulations. I found all of them to be highly pigmented and as I mentioned in the beginning - buttery. I found that the shimmery shades glided easier on my skin when I swatched them. Gold, Pewter and Garnet are reflective and when they're beautiful when the sun hits them. 

Whether you want a subtle eye, a wash of color or a dramatic smokey eye, this palette provides the essential colors.





Thin, sleek package



Matte Shades


Matte Shades

That GOLD!!! 

Overall
- Travel friendly
- Highly pigmented
- Great value
- Long lasting
- Creamy


Have a wonderful day! x

7 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous palette.. still deciding if i should get this since i have the naked and naked 2 palette +naked basics... and other neutral palettes like thebalm nude tude and such :/

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I once read one thing and couldn't have agreed more: a woman can never have enough make up.

      I don't want to be a bad influence, but this palette is truly gorgeous. The pictures don't do them justice. One of the shades that stood out to me the most was surprisingly the gold one - and I have many gold shades already! One thing I've come to realize is that there are brands that offer unique shades. So even if you have many "neutral" palettes - you will find that no shade is 100% similar to another.

      I have the original Naked Palette, not the Naked 2 nor the Naked Basics, so I can't say if it's similar to either of them.

      If you're hesitant, go to your local sephora and swatch the colors, play with them, see what you think. x

      Delete
    2. Many blogs I've read where the bblogger has both they normally say they use the Pro palette more than the UD Nakeds. I 've also reviewed the Pro but was curious about all the rave on the UD, so I ordered the Naked 2 last week. We shall see. I may just do a comparison post.

      Tara
      Beauty & the Bibliophile

      Delete
    3. Lately, I've been using it more than my Naked, too! Let me know what you think about the Naked 2. xx

      Delete
  2. Total agree about this palette ... and that you can never have enough makeup:) I have both Naked palettes, and this is my opinion still worth having!

    nikkibstylesolutions.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shades are beautiful aren't they? I love them as much as my Urban Decay Naked Palettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They are gorgeous. I did a friend's makeup earlier tonight and used the Lorac Pro Palette...she loved it! It's so easy to work with... the shades are so creamy, blending is a dream!

      Delete