Monday, February 4, 2013

Easy, Smokey-Eyes for the Day

Hi beauties!

Today's Face of the Day is a wearable smokey-eye. An easy one and a great one to try if you have the Naked Palette. I hope you like it!



Continue reading!




The Products



  1. Urban Decay Primer Potion
  2. Urban Decay Naked Palette
  3. Mac Blacktrack Fluidline
  4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dark Brown Brow Powder
  5. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara
  6. Benefit Porefessional
  7. Benefit High Beam
  8. Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 155
  9. Mac Studio Finish Concealer NC30
  10. Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in Richly Honed
  11. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful
  12. Dior Capture Totale Loose Powder in 001 Bright Light
  13. Estee Lauder Exotic Orchid Long-Lasting Lipstick


The Steps 


Begin by applying Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid.




We are going to work with five colors: Virgin, Sidecar, Gunmetal, Sin, and Creep. 

1. Apply Virgin to the inner half of the eyelid, blending upwards.
2. Apply Sidecar to the outer half of the eyelid. *Sidecar has a lot of glitter fall out. It's okay. That is why we do eyes first. You can clean up later.*
3. Apply Gunmetal to the crease blending it into an outer V.
***That's the whole trick in a smokey eye: going from light to dark.***
4. Apply Sin below the browbone.
5. Apply Creep on the bottom lashes.




Apply a thin line on the top lashline using a gel liner. I used Mac Fluidline in the shade Blacktrack. Slightly wing it out for a smokier effect.



Apply mascara and fill in the eyebrows. For mascara I used Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara. To fill in my eyebrows, I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade Dark Brown. 




We are done with eyes! Clean up any fall out. There will be glitter...

To start with the face, we need to prime. I used Benefit's Porefessional.



Add some radiance to your foundation of choice by mixing it with Benefit High Beam. I mixed some with Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. My shade is 155.



Next, conceal dark circles and any visible blemishes. I used Mac Studio Finish Concealer in the shade NC30.



Contour (if desired). I used the Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed.

Finish off with blush. I used Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in the shade Blissful, a matte pink.



Set everything with a loose powder. I used Dior Capture Totale Loose Powder in 001 Bright Light.



Finish off with lips. I went with Estee Lauder Lipstick in the shade 65 Exotic Orchid - a pinkish/reddish shimmery, creamy lipstick.



The Result




Thanks for reading! I hope you liked the post. Have a fantastic evening! xoxo

6 comments:

  1. This is very pretty Patricia! I have the Naked palette, you made me want to use it more!
    Have a lovely evening!
    Good night!

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, Anne! The Naked palette is so versatile. I had been neglecting it, and had forgotten how great it is! Sweet dreams xoxo

      Delete
  2. I have it too and love this look. I ll try ! we have also smiliar products and same taste I think:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! :) I'm going to your blog right now! xo

      Delete
    2. What do you think abot porefessional? i ve got just a sample and tried it on my near nose area it seems to work! Do you use it on whole face? I d like to have your opinion also before investing cos' it s not so inexpensive!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm...I don't love it, but I don't hate it. Here's the thing - I don't have enlarged pores to begin with. They CAN get bad, but I keep them under control with certain skincare products. Do you have enlarged pores? Are you alright with products that contain silicone & feel that way? If so, I think you would like it. Personally, I'd rather stick to skincare that will actually treat the problem (in this case, open pores) rather than slathering makeup just to cover them. But that is just me. I like to use La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat.

    ReplyDelete