Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover Review

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing and lazy Sunday.

Sundays are usually my pampering days. I like to do everything myself - my nails, eyebrows, waxing (yes, I wax myself, brave, I know) I even cut my own ends when my hair is long enough. 

I discovered today a fantastic product that according to my mom, has been around for a long time. But honestly, I didn't pay much attention to my nails til last year. 

What is it?
Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover is my nails' new best friend. I have a cuticle remover and I've never had trouble using it, but I know there are women who are scared to use them or would rather go to a salon to get them removed because they don't know how to use the tool. This little tube dissolves the cuticles in just two minutes.





What is the texture like?
Grainy, gel-like consistency.

It's good to know that...
- It doesn't sting and it's super effective.
- It smells a little funky. 

How do you use it?
Apply around cuticles evenly and let the product sit for 2-3 minutes. Using a cuticle pusher, push the cuticles away. I swear this gets rid of everything. Then wash away excess with warm, soapy water. 



Who would love this?
- Those who are afraid or don't know how to use a cuticle remover.
- Those who do their nails themselves.

Will I re-purchase this?
Yep! I love how clean my nails look afterwards.

The results:




Do you do your nails yourself? Which are your favorite nail products?

5 comments:

  1. I think these are amazing products since they work perfectly on your skin. I am interested in trying out these products too to see if it will work well on my skin too....
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every skin is different, but you can give it a try. I have combination acne-prone skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia!

    This is a very interesting product... I've already tried something similar by the brand 'Essence' but it wasn't effective at all...
    I'm curious about this one, it seems to work really well on your nails!
    My favorite nail products are Lemon Flutter by Lush (cuticle cream), express dry drops by Essence (something like sèche-vite!) and a good base coat (I use Kiko).
    Can't do my manicure without these! ;-)
    Good night my dear! ❤

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your favorite products! I haven't tried anything by Kiko because I think it's only available in Europe? And I have tried some Lush products but nothing for nails. I will have to check that out!

    This cuticle remover is AMAZING. My mom (who has rough cuticles) and my sister tried it as well and they were very impressed. It dissolves them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the blue one of the same brand but never seen this. The blue one is good also but it s not recomended to keep it more than 60 seconds

    ReplyDelete