Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Makeup Products for Busy Moms

There are plenty of women out there I admire, and a lot of them are busy moms. Wonder-women who suddenly develop an amazing way of multi-tasking and keeping home in order. 

I wanted to help those busy moms out there by suggesting specific makeup products to look feel more confident and look presentable in little time. NO brushes are needed to apply these products.


Interested? Keep reading!


The trick is to use versatile products. In other words, pick products that have multiple uses. Example: cream blushes that can also be applied on the lips.


1. Go with a BB Cream: BB cream stands for "Beauty Balm" - a product that promises to even out skin tone while providing diverse skin-care benefits. It's a primer, moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation all in one, so you're definitely cutting time with this one! 

I strongly suggest you go to your local Sephora to test them out and find one perfect for your skin type. Why do I not suggest going to the drugstore? If you're going for an all-in-one product, you might as well invest in a good one. A lot of drugstore "BB Creams" are actually re-packaged tinted moisturizers. They just re-named their tinted moisturizers to BB Creams to follow the trend. Lame

The Dior Hydralife BB Cream is my favorite, as it is very easy to blend with my fingertips. Only problem is, it comes in one shade. Fortunately, Dior released new BB Creams from their Nude range with more shades. 

Other brands I suggest that make good BB Creams, based on my personal research: Dr. Jart & Bobbi Brown.



2. An Illuminating Concealer: Why an illuminating one? You get to cover dark circles and highlight  at the same time. A great one is Clinique Airbrush Concealer

Drugstore alternative: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer.



3. Cheek/Lip Stain: Pick a flattering shade just for you. These products usually come in a cream to powder formula that can be easily applied and blended using your fingertips. I recommend Stila Convertible Color which has a wide range of colors. 

Tip: moisturize your lips with your lip balm of choice for extra-hydration and plumpness. 




4. Cream Eye-Shadows: So many brands are coming up with these, from drugstore to high-end. There is something for everyone. Their formulas are creamy and very easy to apply with your fingertips and their lasting-power is pretty good. There are even some out there that are 100% waterproof (Make Up For Ever). For a quick wash of color, apply it to your eyelids using your index, middle or ring finger. 

Tip: Cream shadows can also be used as a base/primer for powder eyeshadows. 

Personal favorites:




Chanel Illusion D'Ombre & Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams (100% waterproof, literally).




5. Mascara: One that works for you. A personal favorite is the L'oreal Voluminous Original Mascara. 




6. Brow Pencil: Many brands are coming with very thin retractable pencils which are great because you can easily imitate thin hairs that are missing. I find the Clinique Super Fine Liner for Brows extremely easy to use and it gives a very natural yet defined finish to the brows. 


Important note if using the Clinique Liner: Once you twist the applicator, you can't twist it back if you accidentally got too much product out. So wait til the tip is used up, then twist it when you want more product dispensed. 



Are you a busy mom? Which products do you love and would recommend to other Wonder Women out there?


4 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia!

    Very interesting post!
    As you know I'm a busy mom too and it's all about time saving in the morning!
    You really make me want to try this Dior BB Cream! First I need/want to finish my other products as I hate wasting!
    MAC's Painterly paint pot is a must, I use it every time I put makeup on!
    One of my holy grail lip product is the Lip Perfector by Clarins, it's an hybrid between a lip balm and a lip gloss! A no brainer! :-)

    Thanks for sharing! Have a nice day! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my lovely Anne! I know you're a Super Mom! You should really try the Dior BB Cream from the Nude range whenever you get a chance... I think you will fall in love. It is excellent!!

      I haven't tried the Clarins Lip Perfector, but I must now!

      Thank you for sharing as well <3 have a beautiful evening! Hugs and kisses.

      Delete
  2. Hi Patricia!

    I am a busy mom, too :) I do agree going for the BB cream, MAC Paint Pot and an easy highlighter for undereyes. For the cheeks, I go for MAC Tenderling, so easy to work with RT Blush Brush. I usually feel very pale without an eyeshadow, so I just dab a little amount of Maybelline Color Tattoo on my eyelids and quickly extend towards the corner of the eye. Apply mascara, gloss, and ta-daaa!

    Thanks for the post! Love your posts very much!!! Başak :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome love! I'm glad you enjoy them. Thanks for sharing your favorites as well. I must try those Color Tattoos!! xx

      Delete