Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sweat-Proof Makeup

I typed that title and then I was like ugh.. eek...gross.. why throw in sweat in there? Here's the thing, I'm about to go to a little cousin's birthday party/pool party and it is currently:



Thank you, Wunderground.com. Yes, it's that hot here. We have no seasons in Maracaibo. It is simply, always ridiculous hot. Although I dislike the snow... so.

I'm not getting in the water by the way, I'm just attending. I would not wear any makeup if I was getting in the water. I don't understand why some people do that. 

Anyway! Onto what this post is really about. I want to show you which products I used to guarantee my makeup is not smudging/moving/caking.

I suggest you use as little makeup as possible. Just use it where you really need it. Luckily my skin is pretty clear right now, so I skipped foundation and just applied some concealer where I needed it (undereye, redness around my face).


1. Sunscreen: the most important product of all. I used a two-in-one for this. A moisturizer with SPF. My Vichy Aqualia Thermal Moisturizer which I've reviewed here.

2. Mac Studio Finish Concealer SPF35 in NC30: I picked this because it's not only great for covering my under-eye discoloration, but it's also water resistant and it has SPF.

3. Benefit Boiing Concealer: I dabbed this anywhere else on my face where I needed a bit of coverage. I like it because it's a cream-to-powder formula. 

4. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush shade blissful: it lasts a long time. Great for people with oily skin, or people that are going to be out in the sun. 

5. Make Up For Ever HD Powder: to set everything in place and get rid of shine.

6. Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Powder shade 15 Taupe: a beautiful wash of color. I've swatched it here

I took a quick pic to show you how it looks on the lids:



7. Rimmel London Lash Lycra Extender Mascara: not a fan of it, meh. Just grabbed it because I didn't want anything too special.

8. Mac eyeshadow shade Blanc Type: I applied this below my brows.

9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo Shade Brunette: doesn't smudge! And it's a powder.

10. Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray: a setting spray for combination/oily skin that reduces shine and makes makeup last longer. 

11. Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm: I forgot to include this in the picture, but I like it because it's very moisturizing and creamy and it has SPF10. 


Time to go! I hope this was helpful x

2 comments: