Monday, April 1, 2013

Don't Be Afraid of Red Blushers

I posted this picture on Instagram about a month ago when I found the Real Techniques Stippling Brush at my local drugstore. 



I have an obvious adoration for my Illamasqua Cream Blusher in the shade Brazen because you see it in almost every post. It is such a great product. First of all, it does look scary in the pan! It is a bright red and it is extremely, I mean extremely pigmented, which can be hard to work with. 



Many women stick to traditional pink-toned blushers, not knowing that red can look absolutely fabulous when applied the right way - a color similar to the natural shade on your cheeks after a long run our after a day out during winter. 

I'm sharing this post with you today because the Real Techniques Stippling Brush works amazingly well when paired with the Illamasqua Cream Blush. The bristles need to barely touch the product, and simply tap the brush onto your cheeks, then blend. Trust me, you need the tiniest amount. This product will last you ages, making it a product of good value. 

Here is a picture of today's Face of the Day where I'm wearing the blusher. 




Full List of Products

1. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light/Medium
2. Illamasqua Cream Blush in the shade Brazen
3. Laura Mercier Secret Concealer shade 3
4. Dior Amber Diamond 
5. Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Emerville
6. Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows shade Soft Brown
7. Bourjois Ultra Black Volumizer Mascara
8. Tarte LipSurgence in the shade Envy

PS: The Tarte Lip stain is amazing. It has a matte finish and it is definitely plumping...as you can see!


I'm off to the US tomorrow to visit my family. But I will take my laptop with me to continue blogging. Have a great day everyone!

2 comments: