Monday, April 8, 2013

My Inglot Experience

I felt embarrassed when I asked how long the Inglot store had been at Aventura and the girls replied, "About three years ago." I hadn't seen it, but maybe it's due to the fact that I was just not paying attention years ago because I did not have the opportunity to be much into makeup like I am now. The company doesn't advertise that often which I think is pretty awesome... just because they're low-key yet amazing.

If there were a word I had to choose to describe this store it would be: colorful

I first heard about Inglot in Emily Noel's YouTube account and Coco also shared some of her experiences. 

I'm so glad I went there. First of all, they have nailpolishes, eyeshadows, brushes, lipsticks, blushes, etc. 




I also love the fact that you are given a magnetic tablet where you can put your selected eyeshadows. The girls were super cool at letting me swatch everything. Here is my creation!



If you're interested in swatches, please let me know.

I was very impressed with the pigmentation of these shadows, but you should definitely swatch them because some are more pigmented than others. The eyeshadows I chose are really pigmented, have very little fall-out, they're super easy to blend and they are extremely long-wearing. 

I was inspired by the latest Make Up For Ever Technicolor Palette that came out which I had swatched at Sephora minutes before heading to Inglot. The Make Up For Ever palette was so disappointing, I know! It's Make Up For Ever! But the colors on that palette are not pigmented at all. 


The price is also pretty amazing considering you get to customize your own palettes. You can buy the shadows individually or in palettes. I think this palette cost me around $78 - the whole thing - eyeshadows plus the palette. The girls had a cool display at their store with all of the prices depending on how many shadows you want. I'll take a picture of that next time I go and I'll add it to this post. 

Wendy (left), me (middle), Cloe (right)

Thanks so much Wendy, Cloe and Bridget for being so awesome and making my first Inglot experience an amazing one. I strongly, strongly recommend this brand!

PS: This was at Inglot located at Aventura Mall in Aventura, FL.

4 comments:

  1. I also wonder why Inglot doesn't advertise themselves more. Maybe they don't need it. I mean, they're eyeshadows are just to die for. Or maybe they're more targeted towards makeup artists?
    Anyways you made such an awesome palette. Looks much more amazing than the MUFE Technicolor palette. I also swatched it at Sephora and found it very average. Especially the green color, so disappointing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, I spoke to one of the girls about that - she said that's one of the things that makes them so unique. They don't advertise....because when people find out about them and how amazing they are, they spread the word. I actually had a pretty good chat with all the three make up artists there and I mentioned you and that you're a beauty blogger and that I heard from the brand from you and Emily. The girl said something like, "It's because of them [beauty bloggers] why we gain recognition. You don't see us in magazines, you don't see us online very often, it's just how we are." I absolutely loved that... and I told them I would write a post about them and here I am... they deserve it for being so humble, real and for having good quality products at an affordable price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually really great! They let the products speak for themselves. Also over advertising things can sometimes lead to overexposure. I do get sick of, say for example, L'Oreal because they have really aggressive campaigns (plus overly airbrushed ads)

      Delete
    2. Exactly! UGH.....I HATE those ads!!!!!! and they own so many companies.... they bought UD recently.

      Delete