Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Super Sephora Haul!

Hi dolls! And guys if you read me, too.

I have no idea how I'm still awake. It is 9:45pm Eastern Time and I've been awake since 2AM. Yup. The flight went fine. The jump from Maracaibo to Miami is pretty quick - two hours and forty minutes. 
I told you I was bringing all of you with me, so I'm taking as many pics as I can!

First of all, here are some pictures I took off the plane. This is the Caribbean Sea.  


This is the view from our condo. I have so many memories of this place... I've been coming here since I was a newborn!


The area is called Aventura - it's very safe and quiet. I love it because you can walk at any time of the day. My mom, my sister and I took a shuttle to Aventura Mall which is a mile away, and we came back walking at 8pm. 

Now onto the haul... 

I got to the mall and went straight to Sephora! I wanted someone to pinch me... these vacations are my only time to shop because everything is too overpriced in Venezuela. Aside from that, you can barely find anything.

I'm a VIB member, which means "Very Important Beauty Insider". You get a few extra perks like discounts, invitations to private events, etc. I got a one on one session with a beauty adviser who was so kind. She gave me tons of advice on skincare and haircare. I talked to her about my blog and about my passion for skincare and makeup, and she gave me tons of samples (you'll see that at the end).



Please excuse my lousy pictures. I took them with my phone. 

The lady strongly suggested the Clarisonic. She said it really makes a difference in ones' skincare regimen. She advised me to go with the cheapest one, because it gets the job done. She used it on me today and it felt quite nice. 


The lady also put this mask on my face, and WOWZA! My skin was glowing afterwards. She left it on for thirty minutes and then peeled it off. It hurts a wee-bit when its being peeled, but it's tolerable. This is a detoxifying mask. 



There are SO many face oils in the market right now. I told her I was confused because there are people raving so much about Josie Maran's Argan Oil, Marula Oil, the one by Nude, one by Fresh. She recommended me the one by Fresh (I love the brand anyway) and she added a few drops of this on my face after removing the mask. My skin was pink and glowing. Loved it, so I got it.



She also applied this Ojon hair mask and told me to leave it on overnight. She even braided my hair :)




I needed a cleanser for my to use with my Clarisonic, so I got the Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel. I had tried this on a kit before and loved how a little went such a long way. It also has glycolic acid = exfoliating = glowing skin.



This product by Kate Somerville is one I had been wanting to try out. It's supposed to be amazing to clear out nasty pimples.




Another product with glycolic acid, the Perricone MD Firming Facial Toner. This brand is the most sold in Sephora.



And more hair stuff. I was hesitant about this one... have any of you tried this? I saw it on an infomercial the first time... and I'm always dubious when it comes to infomercials. A lot of them seem fake to me. But after reading many, many reviews online before coming to the States, and after noticing there was a try-it-out-kit, I decided to get it. According to the Sephora website:

What it does:
Cleanse, condition, nourish, and repair your locks with this collection of WEN favorites for all hair types. The five-in-one Cleansing Conditioner will pamper and invigorate your stressed-out tresses with its luxurious formula of herbal extracts like aloe leaf juice and sweet almond oil. The Re Moist Intensive Hair Treatment is a super-nourishing, weekly mask that promises to give your hair more body and a beautiful, healthy shine. The Replenishing Treatment Mist is a lightweight, hydrating formula specially designed as a quick pick-me-up to increase volume and body between washes. 

This set contains:
- 12 oz Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner 
- 2 oz Sweet Almond Mint Re Moist Intensive Hair Treatment 
- 2 oz Sweet Almond Mint Replenishing Treatment Mist 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfates 
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates 
- Triclosan 


And finally, THE SAMPLES!!!!! She gave me tons! I will be reviewing all of these products individually in a few months to give you proper and genuine opinions.


Enough for tonight. I should take a nice warm shower and go straight to bed. My eyes are achy. 

Have you tried any of these products? 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you(and jealous)! Seems like you had a great time. Really want to try out the Clarisonic. Enjoy your stay. xx

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good investment for sure. Thank you so much my love! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Pat!

    I'm so glad you are enjoying your vacation in the States! Your view looks AWESOME!!!
    I can't wait to read your reviews about all the samples and products you got!
    You are going to LOVE the Clarisonic! I got mine 3 years ago and wouldn't want to be without it. I got the MIA as well, honestly I think it's more than enough for personal use. It cleans your skin like nobody's business! ;-)
    That's so sweet to take us along with you... Can't wait to see more updates of Miami! Say hello to the Kardashians for me! Hehehe! :-)
    Good night dear! <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Ahhhh Anne! I hate, well, hate is a strong word, I despise those girls. They are so fake and shallow. But their make up is always gorgeous, I know...

      I'm having a great time with my mom and my little sister. I have so much to write about!

      I hope you're having a very good time with your family and that you are smiling. Thank YOU for taking us to Dubai with you! I'm just returning a favor :) Much love to you my dear Anne! xoxo

      Delete