Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Face of the Day (22.05.13): Easy, Natural Makeup

Hi dolls!

"Natural Makeup" to me equals a better you. Something that looks fresh and doable. This type of makeup is excellent for students because the makeup is not over the top-- meaning no crazy bright shadows, nothing too exaggerated. 

If you're interested, continue reading. 


It was so hard for me to get up this morning. I had a long weekend, so hearing the alarm go off at 6:45am wasn't such a pretty experience. Nevertheless, no matter how tired I am, I'll always apply makeup. I'd rather fake my beauty sleep than go to school zombie-like. These are usually the things that I grab when I have little time to get ready and I just want to look more presentable. Like I said in the beginning, a better me.


Face Time
I like to use Clarins Beauty Flash Balm when I'm in a rush because it can be a multi-tasker-- it hydrates, firms, primes and brightens. Next step is the base. Choose something that you like and that is easy to work with. It doesn't have to be something super-full-coverage. But just something that gets the job done. For me, that is Bourjois Healthy Mix. It's lightweight, yet it makes my skin look like better skin. Once your base is done, continue with concealer. Choose a brightening one for the under-eye area, and if you're going to conceal anywhere else on the face, make sure it matches your natural skin tone. You don't want to accentuate imperfections. I concealed my dark circles with Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer

The next steps are completely optional. I have combination skin, so I like to powder my skin where it gets shiny. In my case, that's my T-zone. Since I love to highlight and contour, I went for a lighter powder to set my concealer-- Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light. I also tapped some on my nose and forehead. Once you've set your foundation and concealer, you can layer on extra color-- blush, bronzer, etc.

For blush I used my Illamasqua Cream Blush in Brazen. It has a dewy finish and I love how it instantly gives life to my face. To contour, I used Benefit Hoola Bronzer and to highlight, I used Lorac Perfectly Lit Highlighter in Spotlight.

Eyes: The Simpler, The Faster
I love working with waterproof cream formulas on the eyes because you can use them as a wash of color to get rid of discoloration. I went for Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream shade 15. I did a quick, slight wing using Smashbox Waterproof Jet Set Gel Eyeliner in Deep Black. I curled my lashes, then applied L'oreal Voluminous Original Mascara in the shade Brown Black. I then applied Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal in Black on the outer third part of my bottom waterline. And don't neglect your eyebrows! Groomed eyebrows frame the face. For a quick savior, I like to go with my Clinique Super Fine Liner for Brows in Light Brown. 

Lips
Keep it simple, especially if it's daytime. I went with Bourjois in 47 Rose Pare-- a sparkly pink. 


10 comments:

  1. you look stunning :) i just wanna try bourjois :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You'll love the Bourjois foundation! x

      Delete
  2. Patricia! You look absolutely RADIANT and GLOWING!! ♥
    Love your natural makeup routine. Could learn a few tips def!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharina! Thank you so much! Glad you could learn something! xx

      Delete
  3. You always look so pretty no matter what you put on your face!
    Does the mineralise finish have much colour to it or is it more of a translucent powder?
    Paris x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet compliment! The mineralize skinfinish does have color on it. I use a lighter shade than my natural skin tone to accentuate highlighted areas. xx

      Delete
  4. love your make up!That foundation in Hong Kong is so much cheaper. I dont want to order online without knowing my shade first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry! Thank you so much :)! I love the Bourjois foundation. Glad you can get it! X

      Delete