Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil-Free Review

Hello gorgeous!

If you have combination to oily to very oily skin, you'll love this foundation. Why? Hourglass Immaculate is literally a liquid to powder foundation. If you're interested in it, continue reading!



Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil-Free




First, the packaging. Oh, the packaging. This is an expensive foundation, retailed at $55, but you get what you pay for. You get 1oz of product in a heavy, soft bottle that is sealed with a cap and you get a pump in the box. The bottle truly feels luxurious. 


Hourglass offers 16 shades and my shade is called "Nude".


The consistency is thick, and a little hard to work with, in my opinion. Simply because it dries fast into a powder formula. But this can be miraculous for people with very oily skin. I suggest working one part of your face at a time, and using a flat foundation brush or whatever works for you best. Trial and error. That's how it is with makeup. What works for me may not work for you. Right? BUT Hourglass states this foundation should not be applied with a sponge.

I admit I do set this with powder. Why? I've already spoken about the weather in Maracaibo. I'm sure you're tired of hearing me talk about it. But I always mention it in case there is a new reader. I was able to pull off wearing just the foundation itself without powder on top while I was in the US and Puerto Rico. 

Interesting and important fact: I wore this foundation to my brother's wedding in Vieques, Puerto Rico. I applied it around 4pm and it lasted til 3am. Two hours prior removing it, I jumped with a couple of my new family members to the beach (yes, at night, with clothes on and all) and my makeup did not budge, fade nor move. Which leads me to another important fact: This foundation is water-resistant. 

Having said that, the weather in the US and Puerto Rico is really different from the weather in Maracaibo. I wore it a couple of days ago without powder on top, and three hours later, I was oily on my T-zone. But again, it's REALLY HOT HERE!!!!

More About Hourglass Immaculate

So there are things about this foundation that make it distinct from others on the market. Being oil-free, it is perfect for those with acne-prone skin. The coverage is medium to full, and the finish is 100% matte. It does not contain any of the following: parabens, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, phthalates, GMO's, triclosan, gluten and nano particles. 

The formula claims to contain two anti-aging ingredients: Phytostem Edelweiss. Um, what? It's an active ingredient derived from a rare Himalayan plant which shows collagen and wrinkle reduction. Lavandox, on the other hand, is an ingredient extracted from Spanish lavender which also reduces the appearance of wrinkles. 

Ok, I'm 23 years old (Ahem, turning 24 on July 13th), so I can't speak about "wrinkle reduction" since I don't have any noticeable wrinkles yet, but it is nice to know that these ingredients are there, which make this foundation stand out from others out there. 

Ingredients
Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Water, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Kaolin, Cetyl PEG/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Decyl Glucoside, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lavandula Stoechas Extract. May Contain ( +/- ): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

On The Skin 






The coverage makes this ideal for a red lip for instance-- where your skin should appear flawless so the red stands out. 

As far as my makeup goes-- I primed my skin with Benefit's Porefessional. I then applied Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in the shade Nude, and concealed my dark circles with Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in the shade 3. I highlighted my undereye area using Mac Prep and Prime in the shade Radiant Rose and set it with Mac Mineralize Natural Skin Finish in the shade Light. I contoured my cheekbones with Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed, added some color on my cheeks using Nars Lovejoy Blush and highlighted the top of my cheekbones with Too Faced Candlelight Highlighting Powder Duo. 

I worked with the original Urban Decay Naked Palette to add subtle definition to my eyes-- starting with Naked all over the lid, Buck on the crease, Sin on the lid, Virgin on the inner corners and Creep on the outer part of the eye. Everything well-blended out for a soft finish. I shaped my gel liner in a round way to make my eyes appear bigger using Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in the shade Deep Black. I lined my waterline using Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Black. I skipped mascara since I wasn't going anywhere. Literally, I was just sitting at home with my PJ's, hence my super awesome Superman Shirt, but the weather was gloomy and I was bored so I recorded a YouTube video and took pictures for this post. Anyway, I just applied some falsies-- Kiss Ever EZ Lashes #01. 

On my eyebrows I have Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade Brunette. 


The focus of this look were definitely the lips. I used one of my favorite reds-- Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in the shade Rhone. 


Have you used this Hourglass foundation or other Hourglass products? Do you like them? Dislike them? Discuss!



8 comments:

  1. OMG! I got a sample of this from Sephora and I LOOOVED it. It's a very niche foundation: only suitable for oily skins or humid weather but Hourglass is very clear about that in its description. I haven't purchased it because they gave me the color Light Beige and it was way too dark for me. I'll try out Nude because we have similar skintones :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!! I'm so glad you loved it as well! Yes, try the shade Nude IN store. I got color-matched in store. Then let us know how you like it!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. OMG OMG OMG.. vos!!! no podés ser tan lindaaaaa!

    pd: también me enamore de la base, sounds perfect for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tan bella tu con esos comentarios!!!! Gracias! Las maravillas del maquillaje jajaja. Si, pense en ti cuando vi la base para serte sincera, creo que te caeria bien, pero como dije, "always powder"-- mejor prevenir. La textura es gruesa e inmediatamente se convierte en polvo... pero no se ve "cakey". Creo que te encantaria. Besos enormes!

      Delete
  3. Hi Pat!

    I've never tried any Hourglass product... It looks like a very nice and luxurious brand. A lot of girls are raving about the powders too at the moment!
    I love your makeup here! Red lips suit you so well! Even with your fancy Superman tee-shirt! ;-)
    Much love! <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shirt makes me feel powerful... LOL (Ok, shut up Pat). thanks so much for the flattering comments. Hourglass is pricey, but most of their products have a lot of science behind them... and they're very good.

      I love a red lip! I think every woman instantly looks sexy with a red pout. Lots of kisses to you sis!

      Delete
  4. I need to try this, as I've got oily skin and live in a humid climate. Hourglass always seems to get rave reviews for their products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes-- it's fantastic for humid climates. I hope you get to try it soon. xx

      Delete