Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Illamasqua Excite Powder Blush Review + FOTD

For those looking for a beautiful matte, peach blush, this post is for you. Illamasqua's blushes are well known for their sleek, modern packaging and incredibly pigmented formulas. This blush is no exception. If you're interested in pictures and a quick review, continue reading.

This powder blush reminds me of spring. It seems to me like the perfect peach. I love the fact that it's matte because it means that you can wear it during the day without fearing if little bits and specks of shimmer are making you look like a discoball when the sun is hitting you. The color is pigmented but not as much as Illamasqua's Cream Blusher in the shade Brazen, which makes Excite easier to add and blend onto the skin. 

I also see this shade complimenting all kinds of skin tones. It gives a healthy glow. A+!





Illamasqua Excite Powder Blush
Left swatch: Illamasqua Cream Blush shade Brazen
Right swatch: Illamasqua Powder Blush shade Excite

I decided to wear Excite for today's Face of the Day. I've actually been sick for the past couple of days, and I wanted to give my face some healthy color because I felt pale and blah

On my face I'm wearing the Dior Hydralife BB Cream, which I buffed with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush (one of my favorite brushes at the moment). I concealed the darkness on the inner corners of my eyes with Benefit Erase Paste, and the rest of the under-eye area with a dot of Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Concealer. I tapped in both with my Eco Tools Concealer brush, which I'm also loving at the moment. I set everything in place with Dior Capture Total Loose Powder which does a fantastic job at controlling shine on my T-zone. I then added Illamasqua Exite Blush, and slightly contoured my cheekbones with Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer. 

Moving onto eyes-- to get rid of my eyelid discoloration, I applied Mac's Paint Pot in Painterly using my ring finger. I then curled my lashes and applied L'oreal Voluminous Original Mascara in Black Brown-- I accidentally picked that shade at the drugstore, but I was intending on purchasing the shade Black. To really open up my eyes, I used Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in the shade Nude all over my bottom waterline. As for my brows, I lightly filled them in with Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in the shade Soft Brown. 

To finish off this look, I paired the peachy-blush with my current favorite lipstick-- Mac Matte Lipstick in the shade Ablaze.

Do any of you own any Illamasqua blushers? Which are your favorite?

5 comments:

  1. Es hermoso, tambien lo tengo y me encanta

    estas hermosa pat :)

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice products and their some of the products are just awesome .
    Some of them are already used by me.

    Awesome Products at

    obagi nu derm starter kit

    Thanks
    Alison Clarke

    ReplyDelete