Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Plum Smokey Eyes

I barely wore any makeup last week. It was one of those "blah" weeks, you know? So starting on Monday (yesterday) I decided I would begin the week trying out some make-up looks that had inspired me. I recently started following Little Kiva on YouTube and fell in love with her tutorials and her taste in make-up. One of the looks I liked the most was her Pink and Burgundy Make-Up Look, so I decided to create my own look inspired on it.

If you're interested in seeing the final results and a list of pictures of the products I used, continue reading!

Before and After
To start my Monday attempting to feel better than the previous week, I went to the salon to get a blow-out. My hair is starting to grow out longer which I'm excited about. 

This is what my hair looked like in August of last year (2012):


This is what my hair looks now:


Big difference.

My Makeup
I had to keep it a lot simpler than LittleKiva's-- I had class later on that night. Also, excuse the blurriness and not so great quality in these pictures. I couldn't find my camera and had to take these with my phone. 



The Products
I started off with my eyes, as always, applying Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in the  shade 17 (plum) all over my lids, staying below the crease. I then grabbed my Inglot palette which you can see here, and used shade Matte 327 all over the crease, blending it in near my tear duct. I used Carbon by Mac to darken the outer V, Mac Shroom on the inner corners of my eyes blending it into 1/3 of the eyelids. I then applied Inglot 607 on the middle of my lids. 

I used my Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof gel eyeliner in Deep Black, curled my lashes and applied my Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara in Black, and applied Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Onyx on my bottom waterline. To finish off the eyes, I added a little bit of the same Inglot 607 shade on my bottom lashline. 

On my eyebrows I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade Brunette. 

My face involved a lot of contouring and highlighting (which I love, and so does my round face). After priming my face with Make Up For Ever HD Primer, I applied their HD Foundation (my shade is 155). After concealing my dark circles with Mac Studio Finish Concealer, I highlighted the under-eye area in a V-shape using Mac Prep and Prime in Radiant Rose. I contoured my cheekbones and nose using my Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed. I set everything in place with the Make Up For Ever HD Setting Powder. I applied Nars Orgasm blush on my cheeks, followed by Too Faced Candlelight Highlighting Powder Duo on the top of my cheekbones, bridge of the nose and cupid's bow. 

On my lips I used Nars Velvet Lip Gloss Pencil in the shade New Lover. 

So that's it girls and boys! I hope you're all having a wonderful day. As for me, I'm about to catch up with blog-reading. XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Wow your hair looks fab Pat!
    I've already told you... I love straight hair on you! It's very elegant!
    Your makeup looks pretty, as usual!
    Those Nars lip pencils are everywhere these days, I would love to try one! #AddToMyEverGrowingWhishlist !!! :-)
    Good night little sister! Mwah!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my sweet big sis! The lip Nars are pricey, but great. LOL Loved the hashtag. Kisses!

      Delete
  2. Te vez tan moderna con pelo corto pero igual bellísima ahora que esta mas largo. Gorgeous <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estas hermosa. Mi idea cuando me corte el pelo corto era que me quedara así--- nunca sucedió ajjaja

    ahora paso un año y lo tengo larguisimo :(

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Flo! Tan bella como siempre! Para ese corte me tuve que hacer la keratina dos veces. Pero ya no mas! xx

      Delete