Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WEI Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask Review

Happy beginning of May to everyone! Is it already May? What? 

As you all know, I'm a huge fan of face masks and really, anything that you can do at home to pamper yourself. My little sister has been taking advantage of my I like to pamper others personality and I've spoiled her to weekly face masks as well before she goes away to college. No, but really, I always set myself a couple of days a week for my ultimate pampering sessions. Not only does it beautify, but it also de-stresses. So light up some candles, get your essential oils out and your comfiest PJ's because I'm about to review a spa-like face mask. 

If you're interested, please continue reading.

WEI Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask


This mask is not like any other mud mask I have tried before. In terms of the packaging, I think it's different and I mean that in a very good way. Once you open up the box, you'll find a brush (which is amazing) and eight sealed cups filled with mud mask. You'll probably be thinking that you only get eight uses off off this. I actually get 3-4 uses off each cup. Just don't remove the entire seal, and when you're done with the first application, seal it back using tape and put the little cup inside a Ziploc bag.




The color looks like milk chocolate, the smell is pleasant and the texture is smooth and easy to apply.


The included brush facilitates the application and creates a spa-like experience. I'm in love with the bristles--they feel like silk. 

This Wei mask gets rid of all kinds of debris including excess oils and pollutants. It refines the skin's texture, so pores will be minimized and dull skin is transformed into healthy-looking skin. 


And it is soft. SO soft.



The mask feels cool when it is first applied. Avoid the eye area. It will sting for about the first 2-3 minutes. It is tolerable, though. The mask seems to become light in color as it dries, but it doesn't harden  as much as the Origins Charcoal Mask or the GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment. 

Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Also wash the brush and set it aside to dry.

The mask was very easy to remove, and the brush was very easy to clean.


I took the following picture right after removing the mask. Aside from softer skin and a slight reduction of inflammation on my acne marks, I noticed a subtle, healthy-looking glow.


Overall, the Wei mask has been a lovely experience for me. It's gentle and effective. My skin feels clean, clear, soft and not tight after using this. The fact that the company provides a high quality brush  seems different and kind to me. Seriously, who provides a brush nowadays? The disposable packaging can bug you or it can make you love it even more. Eight individual pots means eight fresh individual pots of product. Remember you can seal it after you use it and the product will still remain fresh as long as you seal it tightly. Do not remove the entire seal, as I said before. If you're going to travel somewhere, you could take a new pot with you along with the brush. 

Ingredients
Water, Kaolin, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Stearic Acid, Tromethamine, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ganoderma Lucidum Extract, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Zizyphus Jujuba Fruit Extract, Chrysanthemum Sinense Flower Extract, Lilium Longiflorum Bulb Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Parfum\Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Benzoic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides\CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.

Have you tried this Wei mask before? What are your thoughts on it? 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Pat!

    These little pots look like chocolate puddings or Danette! Do you know them? LOL!
    That's so cool that they come with a good quality brush! They sound really nice...
    It's funny because I got a sample of the GlamGlow last week! I've tried it, the result was nice but it was very tingly on my skin.
    I like the idea of having a nice fresh little pot every time!
    Good night my dear!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne!

    LOL I had never seen Danette before but I googled them and yes, they look like Danette! The mask doesn't smell like chocolate though...

    GlamGlow is amazing but you have pretty good skin, and you don't have acne prone so I understand why you said it stung too much. It's best to use when skin is REALLY congested. I wanted to buy it but the price tag held me off... which sucks because I REALLY like it.

    The Wei mask is much softer and lighter in terms of the ingredients (the GlamGlow has TONS of acids), texture and sensation.

    Goodnight big sis! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divio, parece un postrecito.. me encanta que haya venido con una brocha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jajaja si, pero si fuese postrecito no quedaria ni uno!

      Delete
  4. Hi! I loved the sample of Glamglow that I was given at Sephora. Out of the three mud masks (Wei, Origins, and Glamglow), which one would you recommend purchasing?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selena! Great question. I would not get the Origins one.. I think the other two are way better. Now in terms of deciding on which one to get, I would say it depends on a couple of things. 1) How much you're willing to spend-- the Glam Glow is amazing, and my favorite out of those two, but it's also more expensive than the WEI mask. 2) Your skin type: if you have very problematic skin and you can afford the Glam Glow, get that one. If you have good skin and you're just looking for a good clay mask that will purify, go with WEI. The Glam Glow is way stronger than the WEI mask (Glam Glow has tons of active ingredients). Hope that helps! X

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for the tips! I definitely appreciate it!

      Delete