Saturday, June 29, 2013

Chanel Joues Contraste Plum Attraction

Hi beauties!

I want to take a moment and talk about a blush I rarely come across on a beauty blog, yet I love. It's the Chanel Joues Contraste in Plum Attraction.




I got this at Aruba a little over a year ago, and I remember seeing it and thinking to myself, "I don't own any blushes like that." The color seemed divine, and once a lady applied it on my cheeks, I knew I had to get it!


The color is a little daring, but it's very flattering. A red-toned plum that looks different depending on my skin tone. My skintone is warm beige, so it looks burgundy on me. It looks more plumish on more fain skintones.


The blush does contain a little golden shimmer, but it is barely noticeable once applied. The formula is silky, the color is buildable and the lasting power is pretty good-- I would say six hours.



Light Swatch

Heavy Swatch
Overall, a beautiful, beautiful shade that easily gets overshadowed by pinks and corals. 


What do you think? Have you tried this blush?

6 comments:

  1. Have you changed your camera? Or is it just a good lighting? I like it! And the blush looks so luxurious! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gorkem! I was using different cameras before, but I've stuck to this one... which is the oldest one but the best one I have. And I'm trying to take photos when the natural lighting is at its best. You're sweet for noticing! x

      Delete
  2. Your tip is really good and your product also. Anyone wants always looking for skincare product. So start taking care of your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for introducing this kit. All this products are very good. But I use obagi. Obagi product is one kind of branded product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat!

    Pretty shade! I've never tried any Chanel blushes, I thought they were not pigmented. Apparently not! :-)
    I'm on a no makeup buy at the moment... I try to be good and use up my products (trying to be lighter for December!)
    I will email you this week, my hubby leaves tomorrow evening! ;-)
    Big kiss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try doing that.... although I only buy stuff when I travel which is like once or twice a year. So that keeps me in control! Whenever it comes to high-end brands, I like to test the products at the store. I've had bad experiences purchasing high end eyeshadows for instance, and then I come home and the pigmentation is crap. So I had a lady test this on me before I paid the big bucks. It was worth it!

      Ok sis! Looking forward to reading it! :) XX! Thanks!

      Delete