Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer, Boho-Chic Inspired Makeup Look


Hi everyone! I feel like I've been so neutralish lately makeup-wise, that I wanted to go for something different. Something colorful, happy and... summer-ish. If you're interested in seeing how I created this look, keep reading! 




The Mess



The Eyes
The eyes were the key to this entire look. I started off priming eyes with the Urban Decay Primer potion, because I was going to be working with cream and powder textures, so I wanted everything to stay in place. Next, using my index finger, I placed Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in the shade Techno Gold all over the lids. Nobody ever seems to talk about this product, and I absolutely love the shade range and the texture. Note: this doesn't last long by itself on the lids, despite Shiseido's claim that it lasts for 16 hours. Just use an eye primer underneath. 



I then blended Techno Gold using Mac Sunny Spot.

All shades by MAC
On to the step where the magic happened. If you're recreating this look or trying something similar, be patient with this step as there is a lot of blending involved. 

Once I had Techno Gold and Sunny Spot on my lids, I added Rule only on the mid and outer parts of the lid because I wanted Techno Gold to still show. Then I used Soft Brown as my crease color, blending it with Saddle only on the outer third of the crease. I then blended it all using Samoa Silk as the gradient shade, and then added Passionate very lightly above it. I finished off with Shroom as my highlighter. Note: I always use a clean brush whenever I blend. Also, if you have very little eyelid like myself, use smaller brushes to apply the eyeshadows if you're going to be working with many shades. 

Once I was done with my eyeshadow, I used Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner in the shade Deep Black, curled my lashes and applied Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara in Black to my top and bottom lashes. I also lined my upper and lower lashline with the Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Onyx (which I also smudged onto my lower lashline).

Base


I primed my skin using Benefit Porefessional so my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (shade SX 08) would glide on easier. I can't stress enough how much I love this foundation. Full coverage that looks natural? Yes, please. 

I sealed everything into place with the L'oreal Tranlucide Loose Powder in the shade Translucent.


Moving on to my favorite step. Highlighting and contouring! After I concealed my dark circles with the Mac Studio Finish Concealer, I highlighted my undereye area with Mac Prep and Prime Highlighting Pen in Radiant Rose. I then contoured my nose, cheekbones and temples with the Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed. 

PS: The blush I used was Illamasqua Excite Powder Blush

Lips
When I see the Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti, I immediately think of summer. Love this shade!



The Result




Have a great day! X

14 comments:

  1. This looks really pretty on you!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous baby!! Tenes nueva camara? Tus fotos estan excelentes pat :)



    xx
    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias guapa! No, esta camara la tengo desde hace, a ver...casi 8 a~os! Mas bien quisiera venderla para comprarme una que grabe. Ahi veremos! Gracias por tu apoyo! Un besote!

      Delete
  3. This is sooo stunning. My favorite look from you so far, gorgeous <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Coco! That means a lot to me coming from you! Beso!

      Delete
  4. I love the look of your eyeshadow palette, as much as I love this sunset makeup look! You're very creative! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one of the rare people I know that can pull off these shades!
    It looks like a beautiful Venezuelan sunset... ;-)
    I love the last pic, your hair is just perfection...
    Big kiss sis!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! LOL I found that picture randomly online. But thank you for the compliments. Hair secrets coming soon.... thanks to you. Big kiss! xoxo

      Delete