Monday, June 17, 2013

Colors of the Rainbow Tag

Hi beauties! I was tagged by my friend Anne a while back to show you my "Colors of the Rainbow". I am a little late to the party, but feel free to continue reading if you're interested in seeing what I picked! Enjoy!


Red: I had to go with one of my favorite blushers of all time. Illamasqua Brazen Cream Blush. I've talked about this many times before. It looks scary on the pan but it gives a very natural flushed and dewy appearance on the cheeks. This is super-duper pigmented. Use a stippling brush to apply and be extremely light handed.




Orange: The Body Shop Neroli Jasmin collection, and I say "collection" because I have the body mist  (picture), perfume and body lotion. This is what Heaven smells like.





Yellow: I went with versatile, magical Jojoba Oil. My brand of choice is Desert Essence, but many companies make Jojoba Oil. You can use this for so many things. I personally use it as a carrier oil to dilute my favorite essential oils, I apply it on my hair as an intensive treatment and as a body moisturizer. I've read numerous times about this working as a facial moisturizer, because it's the closest thing to our natural sebum, therefore it helps control excess oil. I have not used this as a facial moisturizer yet, so I cannot speak about how effective it is for that... but I shall give it a try sometime!





Green: I love this oil from Deep Steep. It has a blend of many skin goodies such as Coconut, Pomegranate Seed, Apricot, Geranium, Rosemary, Olive and Peppermint Oil. It smells heavenly and I love massaging it on my body after taking a shower. Especially after a long day...





Blue: I kinda cheated on here. I love Turquoise more than I love Blue. And this is an absolutely beautiful Turquoise. Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Shade 21. 100% waterproof and... amazing.




Indigo: Mac Atlantic Blue is a gorgeous intense matte shade. A must have if you're into blues.





Violet: May I have a moment of silent please. *Sigh* This is one of these products I would bathe in if I were rich. This is w o n d e r f u l. I have curly hair, so trust me when I say this-- I have tried over hundreds of hair products. Literally. I can honestly say that Pureology Hydrate Conditioner is my favorite conditioner so far. The mintyness in this is ultra-refreshing yet not over-powering because the scent isn't artificial at all-- it contains peppermint oil itself. So if you're a peppermint lover, have color-treated hair and you're looking for a conditioner that moisturizers and softens yet doesn't weight the hair down... you've found your match. You can thank me later.




And that's it guys! This was actually more fun than I expected. Thanks so much again Anne for tagging me! I tag anyone who wants to do this! It's fun!

XOXO,
Pat

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pat!

    Thanks for doing this! I love your picks!
    I have to agree on The Body Shop Neroli Jasmin line... it's smells divine!
    I've used up many body mists and 2 bottles of perfume! I love it!
    I will email you back soon!
    Big kiss, good night sis! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Yes, I know you love those two. They smell amazing!

      Good.... morning to you sis! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Atlantic Blue looks amazing! I need to remember to swatch it next time I'm at MAC x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's very pigmented! It would look beautiful with your dark eyes.

      Delete