Monday, June 3, 2013

Foundation Series: Dior Hydralife BB Cream

Continuing with the series, I present to you my absolute favorite BB Cream. Enjoy!




The Dior Hydralife BB Cream covers like a foundation, blends like a lightweight lotion and it makes skin look like better skin. The finish is luminous-- not oily, not greasy, not overly-dewy, just healthy-looking

It has a slight floral scent to it which is not over-powering, but those sensitive to fragrances should smell this before purchasing it if you're interested in it. Another con is the shade range-- there's only one "Universal Shade" which I've talked before: it doesn't exist. There is no such thing as a "Universal Shade". 



The color is like a warm beige that adapts to those with yellow-undertones. I'm more fair than my sister for example, yet this BB cream works great for her (It's the only thing she uses. She hates foundations). I also tried this on my godmother who is lighter than me but still has yellow undertones and it looked great on her as well. So I guess the pigments and correcting powders to work to some extent. 

The reason why this is my favorite BB cream is because the coverage is pretty damn good and my skin looks instantly better. The texture is a bit runny but this makes it very easy to work with, because it makes blending easier (unlike other BB Creams/tinted moisturizers I've tried which are too thick). It's also moisturizing and I know I am getting the skincare benefits that BB Creams claim to give. My skin even looks great after washing this off as opposed to when I use certain foundations, which sometimes can make my skin feel slightly congested. 

Skincare Benefits (From Sephora.com)
-Three Plant Extracts: This complex, derived from the Dior Gardens, provides triple rejuvenating action including greater hydration, plumpness, and protection from free radicals. 
-Jisten from Uzbekistan: Optimizes surface and in-depth water circulation. 
-Black Rose from France: Boosts the skin's defenses against free radicals. 
-Centella from Madagascar: Stimulates the production of collagen. 
-Pigments and Correcting Powders: Even out and correct skin imperfections. 
-UVA and UVB Filters: Provide broad spectrum sun protection.

Here are some before and after pictures, and at the end there's a video. Enjoy!
Before Dior Hydralife BB Cream

After Dior Hydralife BB Cream

Full-Face Makeup (Natural Lighting)

Full-Face Makeup (Artificial Light, Indoors)

I mentioned in the video how I have been asked before about the differences between the Dior Hydralife BB Cream and the Dior Nude BB Cream. I couldn't find the complete ingredient lists, so I couldn't make comparisons in terms of the formula. These are the differences that I do know of:

Dior Hydralife BB Cream
- Finish: Luminous
- SPF: 30
- 1.7oz of product: $56
- Comes in one shade

Dior Nude BB Cream
- Matte or luminous* 
- SPF 10
- 1 oz of product: $44
- Comes in 5 shades 

* I'm not sure. According to the Sephora website, it's a "glowy" BB Cream. But I've seen many videos on YouTube where bloggers say it is more matte than the Hydralife BB Cream. If you have tried the Nude BB Cream, feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on the finish and the product in general!


11 comments:

  1. Wow! this is great. I like this, Please tell me is this for oily skin too.


    Regards,
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you would be just fine, as long as you set it with powder :)

      Delete
  2. Great review Pat!
    I really want to try this although Laura Mercier Mineral Powder got me very excited at the moment as you know! I think I will try it for the winter!
    The coverage looks pretty dang good!
    I love your reviews, they are so complete and detailed! Good job sis! :-)
    I will email you back tonight when my cheeky monkey will be asleep! LOL!
    Gros bisous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis!!! The coverage is pretty good for it to be a "bb cream"... You know... I think I told you before I've never "been" into mineral makeup, but I love your taste in make up so much, I will try that one!!! xx

      Delete
  3. Looks great on you dear. Unfortunately this looks too orange for us pale people.

    Thanks for sharing, x http://chictrends.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually found out Dior released other shades in the hydralife range. I know for sure they have a lighter one! Just a heads up. xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Jajajaja flo asi somos las mujeres.. admito que tengo mas cosas de las que necesito. >.<

      Delete
  5. genial, dior
    y tu tienes unos ojos gigantes y preciosos!!

    ReplyDelete