Saturday, June 1, 2013

Friday Night Makeup: Lorac Pro Palette Smokey Eyes


Hi dolls! Quick post tonight to talk about last night's makeup which I loved. I was aiming for a dark, grungy-smokey eye. Enjoy!


Product List
- Benefit Porefessional
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer shade SX 08
- Mac Studio Finish Concealer NC 30
- Mac Prep and Prime Radiant Rose Highlighting Pen
- Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural shade Light
- Mac Pro Sculpting Cream shade Richly Honed
- Nars Orgasm Blush
- Nars Orgasm Illuminator
- Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
- Lorac Pro Palette
- Bourjois Volumizer Mascara
- Stila Kajal Eyeliner shade Onyx
- Kiss Lashes #01
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder shade Brunette
- Bite Beauty Lipstick shade Pepper

The Procedure
I began with my eyes as usual, prepping my lids with Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer. All of the eyeshadows I used were from the Lorac Pro Palette. You can see pictures and read my review here. I started off by applying "Taupe" all over my lids. I then applied "Deep Purple" all over my eyelids, staying below the crease. I blended the outer edges so there wouldn't be any harsh lines. I picked "Sable" as a gradient color, blending it all over my crease, followed by "Black" on the outer V and upper lashline. I then applied "Pewter" on the center of my lids to give it a pop of color. 

"Cream" was my highlighting shade, which I applied below my brows. On my lower lashline, I used "Sable" mixed with "Deep Purple". 

To emphasize my eyes even more, I lined my top and bottom waterline with Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Onyx. I curled my lashes and then applied my Bourjois Volumizing Mascara in Black. I finished off the eyes with falsies to add even more drama to the eyes. I went with Kiss Lashes #01. 

As for brows-- I wanted them well defined and strong. I filled them in with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo. 

I wanted a flawless base, so after priming my skin with Benefit Porefessional, I applied Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer. I then covered my dark circles using Mac Studio Finish Concealer. I also wanted to strongly contour, so I highlighted my under-eye area, chin and forehead with Mac Prep and Prime Radiant Rose Highligting Pen. I then contoured my nose, cheekbones, temples and jawline with Mac Pro Sculpting Cream. Once the highlighting and contour was done, I set my highlighted areas with Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in a lighter shade than my skin tone. 

Now that I had a flawless base and a contoured face, I needed to add color to it. I used Nars Orgasm Blush on my cheeks and Nars Orgasm Illuminator on the top of my cheekbones, cupid's bow and bridge of the nose. 

I finished off with my lips. Since I used strong colors on the eyes, which were the main focus of this look, I went for nude lips and picked my Bite Beauty Lipstick in Pepper. 


4 comments: