Friday, July 12, 2013

My Highlighter Collection

Hi gorgeous!

I have a slight obsession with highlighters. I find them so versatile and so beautiful. They can instantly make a dull complexion look revived and glowy (note: there's a pretty big difference between glowy and oily). So today I'm sharing with you my highlighter collection. Enjoy! 



Click to Enlarge


Benefit WattsUp! (Sample)
Gorgeous, frosty cream-to-powder champagne. GOR-GEOUS, especially on women with warm tones.



Benefit Girl Meets Pearl (Sample)
Golden pink cream that can be used on its own, under makeup or over makeup. I've only used it on top of makeup.



Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Spotlight
Warm peach/beige powder highlight.



Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo
A gorgeous gold and soft pink. I love to mix them both together. It creates the most subtle and natural glow. This is my current favorite highlighter as it gives the most natural finish, in my opinion.



Benefit High Beam
A liquid, pearlescent pale pink.



Nars Orgasm Illuminator
Liquid/slightly creamy light reflecting rosy gold. You can wear this on its own, under foundation or on top. I have only worn it on top of foundation, but I love how natural-looking this looks. I would say this is the softest highlighter I own. 



Bare Minerals All Over Face Color in Pure Radiance
Shimmery golden peach. Even though it's called an "all over face color", I think this would be way too sparkly, almost glittery. Out of all the highlighters I own, I would say this one is the one that accentuates pores the most if you're not careful with how you apply it. You need a wee-bit. 




Which are your favorite highlighters?






6 comments:

  1. I have Girl Meets Pearl and it's STUNNING. I love the look of Too Faced Candlelight. It looks a bit similar to GMP but in a powder form of course. You have a lovely highlighter collection. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! Have you used it under makeup? Which are your favorite ways of using it? And yes!!! The Too Faced one is very similar to GMP -- it's SO natural looking! I love it! X

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday sweetie!!!
    My favorite highlighter is High Beam, it looks so natural... Big love!
    Big kiss sis!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!How do you put on the high beam? I love it too, but sometimes I think it could be difficult to control.

    www.sherrythinks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I know what you mean... it's very "liquidy". The trick is to use very little amount at a time.. if you want more, then add more. Remember it's easier to add than to "remove" makeup. I hope that helps. XX

      Delete