Saturday, July 6, 2013

There's Something About Kevyn Aucoin

I have never felt so strong about a foundation before. Actually, I have never felt so strong about a makeup product in general. Most things come and go. I fall in love with a blusher, and then the feeling subsides as my attention shifts towards another makeup product.


Times have changed. Even though I've talked about my love for it before, the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer deserves another mention. I am truly, genuinely in love with this product. 

Here's a picture I took with pretty good resolution-- the kind that lets you see others' pores, and it's not edited.


I actually loved how my skin looked today... I love this combination, which is why I want to share it with you. 

There was a lot, a lot of makeup involved in this look, which is something I usually save up for special occasions. I had a family dinner tonight, so I wanted to look good. 

Eyes
I wanted to work with my Inglot palette, and I was drawn to the turquoise shade, so I began by adding the Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in the shade 21 on my eyelids. I then tapped the Inglot eyeshadow #372 shade on top. I used the "tape method" to create a sharp outer V, using #315. I used a brown with red undertones on my crease, #335 and the dark brown on my palette, #327 on the lower lashline. I then used Mac Shroom as a highlight below the brows, and Ricepaper on the tearduct area. 

I lined my top waterline with the Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Onyx and my bottom waterline with the Bourjois Metallic Eyeliner in the shade 78 Bleu Chatoyant. Even though I love to use gel liner on my top lashline, I skipped this step because I have very little eyelid space and I wanted the turquoise to really show. 

I curled my lashes and applied two thick coats of mascara using the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara. I filled in my brows using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade Brunette. 

Face
Lots of highlighting and contouring for this look! I began by priming my skin using Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, and I used my beloved Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in the shade SX08. I concealed my dark circles with the Mac Studio Finish Concealer in NC30 and layed a bit of Mac Prep and Prime Highlighting Pen in Radiant Rose. I set all of that into place using the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light which is the way lighter than my skin tone, but I use it for highlighting purposes. I also added the highlighter on the bridge of my nose, forehead and chin. I then contoured my nose, temples and jawline using the Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed. 

I went for a creamy blush-- the Stila Convertible Color in Lillium. I added a beautiful gold highlighter-- Benefit Wattsup. Gorgeous... 

And I set everything into place with the L'oreal Translucent Loose Powder. 

Lips
Estee Lauder lipstick in Barely Nude with the gloss shade Orchid Passion on top. 


The Kevyn Aucoin SSE has such a beautiful, natural finish.... I'm obsessed with it. 

Do I sound crazy, or is there someone out there who has an ultimate favorite product? Something that you feel you can't live without? I'd love to hear your thoughts!


9 comments:

  1. Hi Pat

    You don't sound crazy, LOL!
    Actually I have the same feeling towards the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder! I love this stuff! I tried to use my Garnier BB cream the other day (which I loved) but there is something about mineral foundation... It feels so light, it feels like I'm not wearing anything but it has decent coverage at the same time!
    It's exciting to find holy grail products... You know one day I aspire to own just one makeup bag with one of my favorite products in each category! Because at the end of the day you always come back to your true love! Wow that's becoming deep... But you know what I mean?!?!
    Your makeup looks flawless, as always! I hope you had a nice family diner! Take your time with the email... There is absolutely no rush! ;-)
    Gros bisous!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis! I will try that mineral foundation because of you... I've never tried a mineral foundation before. Is it very light coverage, or can it become a medium? I have some dark spots... so I need the coverage!

      Your idea of owning just one makeup bag with just the essentials sounds like what ever beauty blogger needs LOL. I know what you mean though.

      Thanks for being so sweet as always. Big kiss! XOXO

      Delete
    2. No you can build it so it becomes medium. I meant "light" because you can barely feel it on the skin. It's not like a liquid or a cream, when you touch your face you can feel it.
      Bisous!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your highlighting is so pretty. You look gorgeous. I NEED to try this foundation x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! And yes, you NEED to try it! X

      Delete
  3. Love your hair! Can you describe the types of highlights you have and how you styled it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They're golden honey... I don't know the exact color #'s because my color stylist mixes a couple of shades and I also have a lighter base. Sorry about that! As for the styling, I had my regular stylist blow dry it with the ends outwards. At the end, he makes me tilt my head downwards and then he blowdrys my hair a bit that way to add more volume. Ah! and he uses the Kerastase Elixir Ultime in the beginning and I notice my hair is shinier and smoother. I have used it before myself, but to give shine to my curls when I wear it natural. Hope that helps! X

      Delete
  4. This foundation looks incredible on your skin! I'd love to try it, but the mineral oil content worries me a bit... Regardless, this post is making it extra hard not to go purchase a pot online right this second. Gorgeous!

    SimplySkinDeepBeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Addison! :) Yep.. I know the mineral oil is a bit concerning.. it's definitely not an every-day foundation, but GOSH it makes your skin look so flawless. That's why I love it.. it just really looks like skin. Thank you for leaving your link. I will check it out :) big kiss!

      Delete