Saturday, August 3, 2013

Weekend Pop of Color

If you read yesterday's post, you know I've been pulling out my bright colors lately. I've been really inspired lately which I tend to reflect on the makeup I wear. 

I did my makeup while listening to one of my current favorite songs: Titanium (cover) by the band The Piano Guys which I discovered about a week ago. I've always wished I knew how to play the cello, violin or piano, so I fell in love with these guys. Enjoy the music video and read more to find out which products I used to achieve this colorful look!




THE INSPIRATION 




THE MAKEUP


 Not everything I used is on this picture, but most is. I began by priming my eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion. As for eyeshadows, I started warming up my upper crease with Mac Soft Brown, blending, adding, blending, adding (I repeated this process a lot with all of the eyeshadows used). I then used a Saddle on the crease, which is a bit darker, followed by lots of blending. I then used a bit of read brick above Soft Brown, blending some more with a bit of Samoa Silk all the way to the inner corner on the brush. I then popped the brightest color-- Passionate with Rule above it. I used Shroom as my highlight. I dabbed and blended a bit of Black from the Lorac Pro Palette. I used my Stila Kajal Liner in Onyx on my top and bottom waterline. I curled my lashes and applied two thick coats of mascara to my top and bottom lashes using Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara in Black. I finished off the eyes by lining my top lashline with Estee Lauder Double Wear Gel Liner in the shade Onyx. 

For my brows, I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder duo in the shade Brunette. 

Now the face! I used Benefit Porefessional Primer followed my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in the shade SX08. I concealed my dark circles using my Mac Studio Finish Concealer in NC30 and then highlighted the under-eye area with Mac Prep and Prime Highlighting Pen in Radiant Rose. I set this with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Light to intensify the highlight. I contoured my nose, cheekbones and temples with the Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed. To add some color back to the face, I applied Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Excite and I highlighted the top of my cheekbones with Too Faced Candlelight Duo. 

On my lips, I used Nars New Lover Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil

Voila!







4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sis!
    I love that blush, so pretty!

    Gros bisous!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, such lovely colours used :)

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete