Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Caudalie Divine Indulgence Set Review

Raise your hand if you're a fan of the Caudalie Divine Oil!


I am still so grateful for the time when the salesperson at SpaceNK convinced me to purchase the small 0.5oz bottle to test it out. Lord, it does smell divine. I was hooked right after the first application but since the bottle was so small, I limited myself to using it only on my hands and cuticles. 

Sure, there are many out there who dislike the fragrance, but c'mon, you can't please everyone, especially when it comes to fragrances. Some say it smells musky but floral at the same time. I admit I am terrible at describing scents, so I suggest you smell this gem whenever you find yourself near it!

But not only does this smell pretty damn good, it also has lovely ingredients such as argan oil, grape seed oil, sesame seed oil, shea butter extract, sunflower oil... in other words, it's going to hydrate. Caudalie labels this as a multi-task oil because you can use it on your body, face or hair. But more on that later.

I am here to talk about a set which to me, is a must if you're already considering getting the largest size of the Divine Oil (100ml) which retails for $49. Sephora and Caudalie.com both have a delicious set that comes with the Divine Oil (100ml), Divine Scrub (50g) and Divine Legs (25ml) for $49. That's right. You're basically getting the scrub and leg lotion for free. 

As for the Divine Oil itself, I love it, but that was no surprise since I was already using the smaller bottle before. Now that I have the biggy, I love to massage it on my arms and legs after I get out of the shower. 

I did try it on my face for a week. The first few days, I was perfectly fine and loved it because my skin absorbed it instantly, but once day five came across, I noticed some bumps on my forehead. Even though I was telling myself not to use it on my face due to its strong fragrance, I was too curious to just try it to see what would happen. Others have reported it does not break them out. As I always say, every skin is different!

I do like to run the oil on my ends from time to time because it makes my hair silky, but I mostly use it on my body.

I have not used the Divine Legs yet, simply because I am naturally tan. I shall give it to someone who is very fair.


But the scrub... Ok. The scrub! The pot seemed tiny to me when I first got it but I had a great idea: why not use it on my hands? And that, ladies and gentlemen is a tip I'm sharing with you today. Grab a tiny spatula and scoop a pea size amount of the scrub onto dry hands for about a minute. Add a bit of water and keep massaging the beads all over your hands, then rinse. My hands have never felt that soft. Not only does the Divine fragrance linger on your hands, but the oils in this scrub really penetrate onto the skin leaving it silky. The cherry on the top? Spray some Divine Oil onto your hands and massage them. Then go to bed. Thank me tomorrow. 

Shop the Divine Set at Sephora or on Caudalie

Have you tried any of the products in this set? Which are your favorite Caudalie products?

7 comments:

  1. Hi sis!

    I recently used up my divine oil, you will see it in my next empties! I love this oil, it feels so good on the skin... I used to love the scent but for some reason now I don't enjoy it anymore... Maybe because it's hot here and I find it's too strong... I don't know! But I still love the product itself.
    I've tried their body scrub and really liked it! I would never buy the full size though, it's too expensive for a scrub... I use coconut oil mixed with sugar and it works wonders! Future blog post?! :-)
    I bought the full size of the divine legs last year but I didn't care for it... I hate the scent and I find it transferred really bad on my clothes!
    Hope you are doing well... Much love!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be an EXCELLENT blog post! Thanks for the recommendation... I understand you getting bored with the scent... strong scents can be a little too much sometimes! Also, thanks for sharing your experience with the divine legs so others can read it. Much love sis XOXO!

      Delete
  2. I almost got this set but then saw that the largest Divine Oil was on sale and that it was a better deal than the set (I don't recall where, Feel Unique maybe?)
    Anyway…. girl. I've been hooked on this for my hair, like I said in my other comment. I've also tried mixing it in with my moisturizer at night but I find it a bit heavy. Which brings me to…… I got a sample of the Fresh Seaberry Oil as a Sephora 500 perk (it was a set) and OMG… I love it SO SO much. Another product added to the list of great recommendations from you.

    On another note, I signed the petition you sent me via email. The situation in Venezuela is so upsetting. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco! I'm SO happy you got to try the Seaberry Oil! I've been addicted to it for almost a year... check out Paula's choice review of it.. it's a really, really good product with great ingredients. I kinda wanted that point perk set too but I think I'm going to wait... everytime I trade my points, something else I like better comes along LOL. Thanks for signing the petition btw... the situation is awful here right now...

      Delete
  3. Nunca probé nada de caudalie pero me muero por probar esto!! Mis piernas necesitan ayuda.. va, toda mi piel en realidad :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Review!! Oh God I want to try this Caudalie line so bad!! :)

    Ps.: I've nominated your blog for a Liebster Award!

    xx
    Almu
    FeelBella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Almu! I highly recommend you do. But try to go to a store and smell the fragrance to see if you like it or not since it's pretty strong.

      And thank you so much for nominating me! No one has ever done that for me, so really, thank you. Xoxo

      Delete