Sunday, March 9, 2014

Face of the Day (09.03.14): Dewy skin, neutral eyes, bright red lips

Hello everyone! I have a simple look for you today, in the sense that it's easy to achieve. The bright red might not be for everyone, but you can use a different bold color of your choice. Hope you enjoy. 

PS: For all my OCD followers - that moment when you take a close up and realize your eyeliner has some mini-gaps. Meh! It's sunday. I didn't want to re-touch/fix! 

Skin
Skin is very important if you're going for a dewy look - or just in general, really! I prepped my skin with Dr. Jart Ceramidin Liquid, gave it about ten minutes to fully sink in and then applied a drop of Tatcha Camellia Beauty Oil between my hands, rubbed them to warm up the oil and tapped it onto my skin. I didn't use a primer today. I just used my Dior Hydralife BB Cream - the one that comes in the "universal shade" because I got it before they released different shades. I applied that using a Real Techniques buffing Brush. I then used my L'oreal Touch Magic Highlighting Concealer under my eyes and blended it with my ring finger. For blush, I used my Nars Orgasm Illuminator as this gives a gorgeous, natural dewy look and it's easy to apply - just use your finger tips to tap and blend. A little goes a long way. On the high points of my cheekbones I used the Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua Foundation Illuminator in Sheer Beige also dabbed with my fingertips.

Eyes
I tapped Mac Paint Pot in Painterly all over my lids and then using an Hourglass Crease Brush, I applied Saddle by Mac all over the crease and then blended it. I then applied Wedge, also by Mac, using a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. I gave my lashes a good curl and then applied a bit of Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner in Intense Black started on the inner third of my top lashline. I grabbed my Lorac Pro Palette and used the shade White on my browbone applied with the Urban Decay Brush that came in the original Naked Palette and Nude on my inner corners. I used the L'oreal Liquid Pencil Eyeliner in Brown on my bottom waterline, and then using a Mac 219, I applied Saddle on my bottom lashline to create a slight smokey effect. For mascara, I went with the L'oreal Voluminous Original in Black Brown. On my brows I used the Clinique Super Fine Liner for Brows in the shade 02 Soft Brown. 

Lips
On my lips I'm wearing the Clarins Rouge Prodige Lipstick in 120 Fusion Red. 



8 comments:

  1. Your skin looks amazing!!! And I've had that moment too :( I review the close up pinks and find some oopsies in my liner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Coco! LOL I'm sure it happens to many of us... I saw it and said f*ck it haha.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Those are killer lips! Very lovely look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! I have thinner lips, I just make them appear fuller by running the lipstick a bit lower. Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Stunning as usual sis! I love how you pull off those bright lip colors!
    We don't mind the mini gaps, LOL! It happens to all of us!
    Much love! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sis! I am feeling more daring with lips now! LOL

      XOXO!!!

      Delete