Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Didn't Work For Me, Might Work For You


L'oreal Absolut Repair Cleansing Balm

What it is: A thick lotion-like shampoo which gently cleanses while moisturizing the hair at the same time. Lactic acid helps repair any damaged areas. This is exclusive to the L'oreal professional range sold at hair salons. 

What I expected: I'll be honest - marketing got me. When I read the phrase "Cleansing Balm" my mind quickly associated it with my passion for cleansing balms for my face. I thought this product would leave my hair feeling clean yet hydrated.

Why I didn't like it: A) This doesn't lather. Now, I know lather isn't really a good sign, but I personally love lather when it comes to shampoos. I would massage this onto my scalp then moving my way down towards my ends, comb it, let it sit for a couple of minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. My hair would untangle instantly. B) After letting my hair air-dry as usual, I found my scalp to be oily. By day two, it'd be really oily.

Time frame: I gave this product a go for a month. I tried using less product, however, my hair would still get oily.

Who might like it: Someone with a very dry scalp who doesn't wash their hair every day and wants a break from shampoo. 


Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleep Facial

What it is: A facial moisturizer. You do not have to exclusively use this as a mask. I used it every single night. I Korres threw in "Sleep Facial" for marketing reasons - I mean, who doesn't like the sound of a sleep mask?

What I expected: I thought this moisturizer would be as beautiful as the Wild Rose Brightening Sleeping Facial which I loved and found effective. 

Why I didn't like it: The scent. It's very fragranced and it smells exactly like Biolage hair products - anytime I would slather this on my face I felt like I was using a shampoo or conditioner. I really tried hard to put the scent issue aside and focus and its effects, however, this did nothing impressive for my skin . On top of that, I don't have sensitive skin yet this gave me a slight burning sensation for the first minute.

Time frame: I tested this moisturizer for two months. 

Who might like it: Those with combination skin as the whipped texture is light enough for those who are searching for just a tad bit of hydration. Also, someone who doesn't mind using heavily fragranced products. 


Have you tried any products you disliked and are giving away? If so, please share!


2 comments:

  1. Oh I like this kind of posts sis! Very interesting... Please continue to do them!
    I hope you are doing well!
    Much love...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much sis! I'm trying to get back to it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete