Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tatcha The Ritual Discovery Kit


You are looking at the newly re-packaged Ritual Discovery Kit* from Tatcha. Absolutely lush. I love the new heavy, glass packaging as it feels much more luxurious (not that it was never before, but you know what I mean). The formula has remained the same. I personally hesitate when trying to buy gifts for others, but this kit is hands down worth the $59 price tag - especially when comparing it to other travel kits in the market - and would make an excellent gift for anyone. Your mom, your sister, grandmother, girlfriend - even yourself. 

I love that you get decent amount of product in each item. 

Step 1: One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil (25ml / 0.8 fl oz.)
 I own the full-size and have gone through a couple travel sizes. Though Tatcha states you do not need to double cleanse when using this cleansing oil, I always double cleanse regardless of what cleansing oil/balm I'm using. It's just how I do it. Nonetheless, this is an exquisite cleansing oil. It efficaciously breaks down makeup dissolving even waterproof. It does not leave a greasy film or residue but I always follow up with another cleanser. You do not need to use a flannel/cloth when using this oil - just rinse with water!

And may I please say I love this even more because it doesn't contain mineral oil? 

Step 2: Classic Rice Enzyme Powder (14 bags, 1g 0.04 oz. each) 
I also own a full size of this cleanser. If you have never tried power cleansers, they basically emulsify once the powder comes in contact with water. This particular powder gently exfoliates the skin without any abrasive granules but rather uses papaya enzymes. Tatcha offers three different types: "Gentle" for dry or sensitive skin, "Classic" which is the one I use for normal skin and "Deep" for oily-active skin. And like Tatcha suggests, I love using this cleanser after the cleansing oil. 

Step 3: Deep Brightening Serum (10ml / 0.34 fl. oz.) 
I had never tried this serum and I was actually really surprised with how lovely the texture was. It has a milky texture which absorbs quickly into the skin. Tatcha claims existing age spots will begin to lighten after four to eight weeks of use. I can't comment on that because I haven't tried this serum long enough. I can though, notice an immediate "comforting" feeling, meaning I find it hydrating yet lightweight.

Step 4: Supple Moisture Rich Silk Cream (10ml / 0.34 fl. oz)
Here comes the downer from my review and this goes to every skincare company who make products that contain such lovely ingredients but come in a pot. It's scientifically proven that ingredients lose their potency once they come in contact with air which is why it's better when serums or moisturizers come sealed in a bottle protected from exposure to air or germs/bacteria. Though the pot is absolutely beautiful and I love, love the minimalist design, the texture of this moisturizer and the immediate results (plump, radiant, fresh skin) I wish it came in a bottle to preserve the ingredients. 

If you select the Dry Skin kit, you will get the Ageless Enriching Renewal Cream instead which has a thicker consistency.

Final Thoughts

Overall I think this is an amazing kit and something I would personally gift to friends and family or purchase for myself for travel because it has everything you need. It feels very Tatcha, very luxurious. Something I wish was included was an eye cream. I know Tatcha sells a travel-sized eye cream. I think that addition would make this kit even more perfect. 


* This kit was sent to me for review purposes however I am always honest when reviewing products. My goal is to help you, not manipulate you. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got the opportunity to try this set sis!
    You know how much I trust your opinion... this kit sounds delightful! I love the packaging... so simple yet so elegant!
    Good night my dear!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your disclaimer -- "My goal is to help you, not manipulate you." hahaha! Certain YTers we talked about should make note of that!
    I love the face lift of the ritual discovery set! I remember when it used to come in a pouch. This set is so handy for traveling though, and you know how I love my minis :)

    ReplyDelete