Monday, July 14, 2014

25th Birthday Skincare + Makeup


First of all, I want to thank everyone who congratulated me on Instagram and Twitter. I was overwhelmed by the amount of kind comments. I feel truly blessed to have such sweet followers and friends. 

July 13 was my birthday and I wanted to share with you the beauty products I used. 

I had been feeling under the weather the last couple of days and my eyes were showing it. I popped some Tatcha Eye Masks and let them sit for a good forty minutes (though you're supposed to leave them on for a lot less). I enjoy its cooling cooling sensation and it immediately hydrates my under-eye area while at the same time getting rid of puffiness. I then used the Tatcha Deep Hydration Firming Serum as it plumps my skin, leaving a beautiful radiant finish. I love using this serum for special occasions. Makeup sits so well on top of it. You can read more about both of them here.

I finished off the "prep" phase by spraying some of her Dewy Mist - my favorite hydrating mist - all over my skin. It's so lightweight yet provides the perfect amount of moisture. As you can see, lots of Tatcha. It was my birthday! I wanted to use the very best.

I used the Lorac Palette on my eyes - by far my favorite neutral palette and it has been for over a year. Sable and Espresso on the crease, Cream as a browbone highlight and the gold shade on my lid. I created a subtle flick using my Estee Lauder Gel Liner and the Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Perversion on my waterline. I wanted my lashes to look thick and long, so I used the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara which I've talked about here.

For brows, I went with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo, as always. 

I used two Bobbi Brown Foundation Sticks - one to even out my skin tone and another one to contour. I absolutely adore them and I've raved enough about them. I concealed my dark circles with the By Terry Touche Veloutee and then highlighted using the Mac Prep + Prime Highlighting Pen in Radiant Rose, set with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade Light. I set my contours with Benefit Hoola. To add a pop of color on the cheeks I used Illamasqua Excite Powder Blush. To give a glow to my face, I used the Too Faced Candlelight Highlighting Powder Duo.

Lastly, I wanted a flattering lipstick and coral is my favorite color, especially on the lids. Peach Club Velvet Matte Lipstick from Bourjois was a no brainer.


I know. The cake. My aunt makes the best Nutella cakes. 


2 comments:

  1. You look stunning sis! I'm glad you had a great birthday!
    Coral looks good on you! And that cake... indeed! Looks incredible!
    Much love!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sis! I always think about you when I wear the lipstick. Xoxo!

      Delete