Sunday, June 29, 2014

New Additions in TATCHA Water Collection

I was given the incredible opportunity to review two of the latest products from one of my favorite skincare brands, TATCHA. Let me introduce you to the Deep Hydration Firming Serum and the Deep Hydration Revitalizing Eye Mask - two new additions to the beloved Water Collection

I received my set while I was in Arlington and I was beyond excited as I had previously seen Victoria Tsai, TATCHA founder on QVC a month earlier where she announced and demonstrated her latest serum for the line.  

Though I often get too excited about new releases, I try to remain patient and give skincare products at least a month as a testing period to observe more long-term effects rather than just telling you my first impressions. 

If you're interested in knowing more about TATCHA's latest skincare additions, please keep on reading. 
As of all TATCHA products, Victoria's main inspiration are Japanese Geisha. What I love so much about this brand is not only the story behind every bottle or jar, but the fact that there is so much detailed work behind everything that is released and add to that the caring staff who carefully wrap around your orders and deliver hand-written notes. As I've mentioned on my blog before - where else do you see that?

Deep Hydration Firming Serum 


Packaging-wise, TATCHA nailed it. The Deep Hydration Firming Serum ($98 / 30ml) comes in a bottle made out of plastic which makes it great for travelling as you won't have to worry about it breaking or leaking. I personally prefer products that come in an air-tight bottle so the ingredients remain stable and don't lose their efficacy - most do once the ingredients are exposed to air. 

Formula-wise, this ultra-moisturizing serum has a thin gel like consistency that absorbs quickly into the skin. Upon application, my skin is immediately more plump and noticeable radiant. Okinawa Red Algae and hyaluronic acid are the main ingredients to provide intense moisture. This serum also contains real 23-karat gold which provides a luminous finish. It's absolutely beautiful and makes it a great base for makeup if you're going for a radiant - not greasy - effect. 

One pump - the sufficient amount dispensed to cover my face and neck.
The gold is visible on the picture above but once tapped onto the skin, you're left with an immediate  incredibly beautiful healthy glow - not shimmer. 

I am happy to discuss with you the long-term effects I've noticed after a month using this serum. When I got back home from vacation, my skin was not only dehydrated due to numerous flights I took, but also dry due to the climate change. To add some icing on the cake, as a consequence to a strong salicylic treatment I was using, I developed very dry, rough and flaky patches around the area where the blemishes were located. 

After my first application of this serum, I noticed how it delicately spread TATCHA's signature aroma on my skin, but I'm happy to say it not as strong the Beauty Camellia Oil - which I had to stop using on my face as it made me break out. My face was immediately plump and glowy, however I didn't experience a "firming" effect. A week later, those dry, rough patches were gone. After a month I've noticed dehydration and thin expression lines faded and my skin feels more toned and oh my God, so soft. LOVE.


Deep Hydration Revitalizing Eye Mask



The Deep Hydration Revitalizing Eye Mask ($12 / 1 mask set / 5ml) was the product I was most intrigued by, especially after reading it's a unique coconut-derived biocellulose mask which was originally developed to treat burned victims and speed their healing process. 

Packaging wise, the set of eye masks comes in a luxe cardboard envelope that mimics wood - I personally love that effect/color. 


Once you open the envelope you are greeted with these beautiful colors. A pleasant surprise, don't you think? 

I also thought it was clever to include the instructions behind the foil.



And there I am modeling the eye masks for you. You're supposed to leave them on for 15 minutes, but I actually left them on for an hour because they just felt so good. They instantly provide a cooling sensation which I find so relaxing and immediately make me emphasize how good these are for long flights, tired night pampering sessions or quick pick me up prior to a big event

The sheet mask fit comfortably around the orbital eye area and once placed, it set withing dragging (which tends to happen with face sheet masks). 

The results were immediate - puffiness was gone, the eye area was more toned and plump. The formula is ultra hydrating thanks to Okinawa Red Algae, green tea, silk extract, rice bran extract, licorice extract, squalane (olive origin) and hyaluronic acid. I am absolutely fascinated by the ingredient list. 

There's a beautiful story about the shape of this eye mask which Victoria wrote in her blog. Again, packaging and details are very important to her as well as for the Japanese. These eye masks are shaped after magatama - a traditional Japanese accessory derived from the yin-yang symbol and represents the harmony between the sun and the moon. Victoria was delighted this shape fit the eye area so well and I have to say - it really does. I've seen people use eye masks just below the eye area, but the sides are also important, specially for women of age who have crow's feet. This formula will instantly plump the area creating a well-rested appearance. Note: this is particular good prior to applying makeup as the area will be well-moisturized. 

I have already purchased some of these for myself and dear friends. PS: There is a insanely great Gift With Purchase Going until Thursday, July 3. It comes with a full size of the Dewy Mist - one of my favorite products ever. You cannot miss out on this opportunity if you are a TATCHA fan.



Overall, I highly recommend these products. None caused irritation and both lived up to its claims. 

Disclaimer: These products were sent to me by TATCHA to review, however I am not sponsored and my reviews are 100% genuine. My readers know I will state the good but also provide the cons if I find any. My goal is to help you, not manipulate you. 

Hugs, 
Pat

1 comment:

  1. As I said before that brand sounds amazing! You know how much I trust your opinion, you are my little skincare queen! :-)
    I love the packaging... such a cute color!
    I'm catching up on blogs... I've been MIA lately!
    Have a nice day sis, I'm off to ZzzZzzzzZzzzz land...
    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete