Friday, October 3, 2014

Oil-Based Cleansers

It's no secret I'm a fan of oil-based cleansers. I find them soothing, nourishing and more gentle than any other formula. Today I'm breaking down different types of oil-based cleansers: oil, jelly, gel and balm. 


I like these cleansers for different reasons but all of them have many things in common: 
  • You begin by massaging them onto your skin and they turn into an oil, and once they come in contact with water, they turn into a milk. 
  • They break down makeup and SPF. 
  • They are all free of nasty ingredients like mineral oil and silicones. 
  • They are great for sensitive eyes and contact-lense users.
They're fabulous "skin" cleansers, which means I not just use them to remove makeup and SPF but also to give myself a soothing, gentle cleanse. 


Tatcha One-Step Camellia Cleansing Oil: This cleanser has the thinnest consistency of all but it's actually the most powerful in breaking down makeup. Aside from using this to cleanse my skin, it's my go-to for giving myself facial massages as there is enough slip to it. And a little secret: I use this to clean my gel-liner brushes as it quickly dissolves the product that dries on them. 

Shop it here.


Nude Perfect Cleanse Omega Cleansing Jelly: This cleanser does something no other cleanser has managed to do -- it gives my skin a radiant, healthy glow after I rinse; an effect that makes this cleanser quite addictive. This is a staple when my skin is leaning more towards the dry side as it never makes my face feel stripped but actually nourished and moisturized.The only con is that it doesn't have much slip to it at first, but I can live with that.

Shop it here.


Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser: This cleanser looks like jello but it instantly turns into a slippery, comfortable oil once massaged onto the skin. I love that it contains nourishing and brightening ingredients like rosehip oil and Vitamin C. My skin is a smooth, comfortable and clean after rinsing. 

Shop it here.

Ren No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm: I reviewed this balm early of last year and it's still one of my holy grail cleansers. It has a balmy consistency that easily spreads on the skin and has an evident rose scent. This is my go-to cleanser when my skin is irritated or sore (it can happen from testing out other skincare products). It instantly calms and balances my skin. Unlike all the other cleansers previously mentioned, this one does leave a film behind so I do use a warm cleansing cloth / muslin cloth to remove it. 

Shop it here.



2 comments:

  1. I'm converted to cleansing oils thanks to YOU!
    Thank you for introducing me to TATCHA! I also got the Clinique 'take the day off' cleansing balm a few days ago... I want to try everything LOL!
    I need to ask Julien to bring me the REN cleansing balm next time he goes to the US... I always keep on forgetting!
    Much love sis!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you're welcome sis! I've heard great things about the Clinique one... but I never tried it because I'm iffy about Clinique. The REN one is thick but very nourishing...you do need to remove it with a flannel. It's very rose scented, just a heads up.

      MUAH! xoxo

      Delete