Saturday, April 11, 2015

Nia24 Eye Repair Complex Review

I find it hard to find an eye cream I like. Either the texture isn't right, it's not moisturizing enough or it peels if you happen to rub the area or add an oil on top. 

But there are others I actually really like, such as the Algenist Eye  Renewal Balm, Sunday Riley Start Over or my most recent favorite one, Bakel Cool Eyes. But today I want to talk to you about a very special one, Nia 24 Eye Repair Complex ($71, 0.5 oz / 15ml).


What originally drew my attention towards this eye cream was the fact that it claims to reduce sun damage around the eye area. I few months back I noticed a few dark spots had developed below my right eye and I was really concerned about this (another reason I should find a under-eye SPF). 


This eye cream contains myristyl nicotinate which is a component of Vitamin B3 (niacin) and though it is not the same thing as niacinamide, it acts in a very similar way - it fights hyperpigmentation. On top of that it has peptides (great for firming), Vitamin C and licorice (brighten) and caffeine (helps reduce puffiness). This is something else I noticed - the great ingredient list. As I've become more interested in skincare, I now read the ingredient list before I purchase anything. I promise it gets easier with practice!

But the ingredient list was not the only thing that intrigued me -- its texture made me fall in love with it; smooth, almost like a moisturizer, thick, yet not heavy. It has the perfect amount of moisture, it goes well under makeup and it's not too heavy for nighttime. I also have noticed those dark spots near below my eye begin to fade. For the record, I've been using this eye cream for two months now. 

I purchased mine at SpaceNK. If you're on a tight budget or are hesitant to spend so much money on a skincare product, I recommend you stopping by a SpaceNK store. I've never had an issue with them whenever I'm interested in a sample, and they usually have plenty of foil samples which better than them making you a sample since the packaging is an open jar and people usually dip their fingers in them - making them prone to bacteria. But try it. Try it and let me know how you like it. 


Something I do want to point out is that this does contain fragrance. It is not overpowering to me, but you can definitely smell it. But the fact that it glides so effortlessly, moisturizes and actually does what it claims to do, this is an overall winner for me.

Full Ingredient List

Shop it here or here.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Patricia. Why don't you try our Eye cream? It contains 0.5% active oxygen which is our best solution to fine lines, dark circles and puffy eyes. As you may or may not know about us - Karin Herzog is the world leader in Oxygen Skincare, if you are interested in learning more about our brand and products, you can easily access on our Official Website on us.karinherzog.com Thank you! From Karin Herzog USA

    ReplyDelete