Sunday, March 6, 2016

Dr. Gross Skincare Review



When it comes to skincare, I like to wait between one to two months to truly get to see what a product can actually do.

I've been trying the products depicted on the image above for two months. What do I think? Is it worth the money?

Just because sometimes I am kindly sent products by the company (like this package) does not mean I will give them an A-grade simply because I got them for free. But if you've following me for a while, you already know I am not into social media/marketing bullshit. My reviews are honest.

So lets get started!

Alpha Beta Peel Ultra Gentle Daily Peel



If you've always wanted to try peels but have been intimidated by the name or you fear your skin is too sensitive for them, I genuinely think you would have no problem with these. They're extremely gentle but the ingredients are effective enough to exfoliate while maintaining the skin hydrated. 

Step 1 contains lactic acid (exfoliate), mandelic acid (anti-redness, inflammation), willow bark extract (exfoliate and clears pores) and colloidal oatmeal (anti-inflammatory). 

Step 2 neutralizes the skin while delivering anti-aging ingredients that will keep the skin hydrated, balanced and luminous. This step felt uber nourishing on my skin. The pad felt like a part of a sheet mask soaked in a thick, hydrating essence that felt lightweight after sinking in. 

Shop them here



Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel 


If you've used acids before and your skin generally looks "good" but you would still like to fight hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores, occassional acne or wrinkles, this would be great for you. 


As opposed to the Gentle version, the Universal Peels contain 5 acids: lactic, malic, glycolic, cytric and salycilic. All of them work together to deliver anti-aging properties that help support cell-turnover, exfoliate, cleanse clogged pores and exfoliate to reveal a more even-toned skin. 

Shop them here




Alpha Beta Peel Extra Strength Peel

                                                                                    


These are my absolute favorite of the three and I have been using them for two years. I also thank them for allowing me to go makeup-free. My skin is resilient enough to handle all 7 acids (lactic, malic, mandelic, glycolic, cytric, salycilic acids and willowbark extract) in this peel. Whenever my skin is dull or my hormones are going crazy resulting in unexpected breakouts and I have an important even the next day, I opt for these. 

No joke, this helps my skin drastically overnight.

If your skin is resilient, acne-prone, uneven, dull, congested and you want instant radiance and quick results, get these. I love them to death.

Tip: I massage step 1 all over my skin as you should, but I pay extra attention to congested areas to make sure the acids really soak in and do their job. 

Shop them here


The Weekly Treatment: Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

I look forward to Sunday's because that's when I pop these. If you love acids and want to try something truly effective that gives a glow, exfoliates, tones, lifts, shrinks pores and calms the skin, these are it. 

15 acids work together to smooth and treat: lactic acid, malic acid, mandelic acid, glycolic acid, cytric acid, salicylic acid, willow bark extract, azelaic acid, amino acid, lactobionic acid, ellagic acid, galic acid, linoleic acid, tartaric acid, pyruvic acid and phytic acid. 

Make sure to massage the entire pad onto the skin until it's completely dry. From my own personal experience, this may take between 5-7 minutes. Be patient (it's worth it, trust me) so that the skin fully takes in all the acids. 

Step 2 is different in this system, because it's a milk, but not any milk. This is lush. Truly lush. It controls the acids' activity while delivering anti-aging ingredients (peptides), anxitoxidants and deep hydration (ceramides). 

I can't explain the pleasure I feel when I use these. I feel like I'm pampering myself and it truly feels like a "spa" experience. There's something cooling about step 1 that makes my skin feel refreshed. After I massage step 2, my skin is soft to the touch, firm, hydrated, soothed and glowing.

Glow after Alpha Beta Universal Peel + Peptide Milk!

I am so HAPPY to report that step 2 is now being sold on its own. Not sure if you need it? If you use acids on a regular basis and would like to use something afterwards to sooth and calm the skin while delivering an anti-aging punch, I think you'd love it. 

Shop Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel here.

Shop Firming Peptide Milk here



Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream

I hadn't been wowed by an eye cream in a long time. The first time I tried this eye cream, I felt a tingle (I'd give it a 5 tingle on a scale from 1-10), but most eye creams I had been using in the past were simply hydrating ones. Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream is more of a treatment, which is why I like using it at night. The texture is thick and creamy but has great slip, so there's no tugging. I also noticed a tightening effect after about two minutes. As I continued to use the eye cream, my eye area got more used to the retinol lessening the tingle effect from a 5 to a 2. It's very bearable and no big deal. 

The fact that I'm getting proven cell-communicating ingredients and antioxidants make this eye cream a stellar in my collection. I've also noticed my eye contours look more firm, brighter and have less lines. 

Shop it here



Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Overnight Serum


Something I love about Dr. Gross is that he meticulously picks ingredients that will work, instead of adding cheap fillers (many high-end brands do this) leaving the best ingredients at the end of the list. This serum really blew me over. It has a great trifecta of retinol, ferulic acid and niacinamide.

This lightweight a lotion has a slight citric scent (but not overpowering) and skin is left soft, not sticky. If you have uneven texture, acne, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles or dullness, I think you'll enjoy this. 

I've noticed my hyperpigmentation spots from old acne fade. This does not happen overnight. You have to be patient and make sure you're using it on a constant basis so you can see the effects. 

Shop it here


Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Peel


This is brilliant and I love the fact that these come individually packaged (great for travel)! The way they work is by exfoliating the surface of the skin while delivering antioxidants and retinol to speed up the process of bringing fresh cells to the surface. This will result in a more even-toned skin tone, less texture and a healthier skin appearance. I love that Dr. Gross added Ferulic acid to counteract any dryness from the retinol. 

I personally like to use this in conjunction with the Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Overnight Serum to accelerate the results. 

Shop them here



Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster


This is probably one of my favorite products by Dr. Dennis Gross. The ingredients in this bottle are mind-blowing, and the fact that this is such a multi-purpose product makes it a must in your collection. 

You can apply it on its own and press it onto your skin or mix it with your serum/moisturizer/mask or even makeup. Yes, even your makeup. 

This is packed with antioxidants to protect the skin from external agressors, cell-communicating ingredients to speed cell renewal and acids to exfoliate the skin providing a youthful glow to the skin. Everytime I use this I always get compliments. If you dislike the feeling of makeup but love a dewy glow, this is something you MUST get. 

Shop it here


Here's a picture I posted on Instagram after using the products. I did not add a filter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment