Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Why I Picked Up the New Fresh Seaberry Skin Nutrition Cleansing Oil

It is no surprise that I love cleansing oils. Not only do they break up makeup very easily, but some actually have very nourishing ingredients for the skin. That leads me to a very important (but subjective) fact: I mostly use cleansing oils as "skin" cleansers instead of just using them to remove my makeup. But why? First of all, it motivates me and reminds me to massage my face instead of wasting the product. Facial massages have an array of benefits and if you've never tried to do them yourself, I highly encourage you to. I love this video by Lisa Eldridge and this other video I found on the Into the Gloss YouTube channel. Secondly, by taking my time to massage the cleansing oil onto my skin, I'll be allowing the ingredients to fully sink in and actually do something to my skin. What's the point of spending so much money on a cleanser if you're just going to slather it on for less than 10 seconds and then let it go down the drain? A third reason why I love cleansing oils so much is because they do a really good job at removing any SPF residue or oils/dirt from the skin while maintaining the moisture levels on your skin instead of stripping it. 

Whenever I shop for a skincare product, I do my research ahead. I'm one of those who stalks the internet for new launches simply because I genuinely adore beauty products. As soon as I saw that there was a cleansing oil by Fresh in the Seaberry family (I've been a HUGE fan of their Seaberry Oil for many years), I jumped and instantly went to the ingredient list on Sephora.com. That's when I fell in love. That's when I knew I had to pick this up on a whim. 



Yes, I have to admit the name is great marketing because it definitely influenced my decision in purchasing it, however I am never fooled by names and I always read and research the ingredients. And that is what I would like to break down for you. My first impressions on this cleanser and why I think it's worth the $42. 

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Caprylic/Capric/Succinic Triglyceride, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Bixa Orellana Seed Extract, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Fragrance, Water, BHT, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Limonene, Linalool, Citral.

Above is the ingredient list from Sephora.com

The fact that the first ingredient is grape seed oil was a huge bonus for me. Grape seed oil is a great  moisturizing and anti-inflammatory antioxidant. It is also rich in Vitamin E and Omega-6. Camellia seed oil is another great antioxidant which contains Omegas 3, 6 and 9 and essential vitamins like A, B, D and E. Hippophae rhamnoides oil is also known as "seabuckthorn oil" has healing and anti-flammatory properties, omegas 3, 6, 7 and 9, vitamins A and E, and it also helps the skin against UV radiation and free-radical damage. Bixa orellana is an antioxidant. Nigella sativa is also known as "black seed oil" and contains Vitamins A, B, C, potassium, mangensium, calcium and zinc, all which contribute to skin's recovery and repair while also helping remove impurities. Cranberry seed oil is a fabulous anti-oxidant that contains omegas 3 and 6 fatty acids which support skin's hydration. It also has tocotrienols and tocopherols which are a form of Vitamin E. Haberlea rhodopensis leaf extract soothes and repairs the skin. 

So as you can see, this is no ordinary cleansing oil. Because of such excellent ingredients, I have decided to solely use this cleansing oil as a second cleanse or when I want to give myself a long facial massage. It would be a WASTE to leave this on your face just for a few seconds. 

I used it today and really enjoyed its texture. It's an oily-oil that has great slip for massage and left my skin feeling ultra-soft, moisturized and balanced as opposed to other cleansing oils that make my skin feel tight afterwards, like the Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil (which might be best for combination-oily skin). And for the record, my skin was patchy and sore today from retinol treatments. I did not feel any discomfort while cleansing my skin nor after rinsing it off, and because of this, I highly recommend this cleanser for those with dry or very dry skin. 

I do want to point out that this has fragrance to it and I am terrible at describing scents, so I'm not even going to try to do that. It does smell very similar to the Fresh Seaberry Oil. If you're picky about scents, I would suggest you either go to your local Sephora or Nordstrom to smell it in person. Personally, the smell doesn't bother me, but everyone is different.

I am excited to own this cleanser and I look forward to telling you more about it in a few weeks! 

Shop it on the Fresh website.

PS: FRESH! If you're reading, please make a travel size of this as it would be perfect to throw in a gym bag! 






No comments:

Post a Comment