Friday, September 18, 2015

Tatcha Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35

Tatcha is one of those brands my skin loves because I can always go back to the line whenever it's having a freak-out moment. I've mentioned several products on the blog in the past, but something that I knew was missing in the line was a sunscreen, and I wasn't the only one who asked the company to please formulate one. 

When Tatcha revealed on their Instagram page the big news that a sunscreen was launching, I got super excited and knew I had to buy it. I had a feeling it would be pretty darn perfect, because I know Victoria Tsai, Tatcha's founder, had been working hard with her team to creating a formula that we would all love. 


The company kindly reached out to me offering me a PR sample to try, which made my day. But just because a company sends me a product, does not mean I'll give it a rave review. My followers know that I take pride in the integrity of my reviews and I wouldn't endorse a product I don't believe in. Tatcha is a luxury brand, hence the high price tag. So is the Tatcha Pore Perfecting Sunscreen really worth the money?

Let's break it down. 

For $68 (full-size), you get 60ml of product. Yes, pricy for a sunscreen. But you're paying for the quality of the product. Its active ingredients are Ocitisalate 5% and Zinc Oxide 15%. And you're getting food for the skin while you're protecting yourself from the harmful UVA/UVB rays. Licorice, for example is a well-known anti-inflammatory ingredient that also helps combat hyperpigmentation.

Tatcha also claims this sunscreen can double up as your primer. I've used it as a sunscreen and also as primer. When used as a sunscreen, I notice my skin was soft and surprisingly, matte -- but not that matte-flat look. Regardless of South Florida's high heat index and ridiculous humidity (+85%), my skin was never shiny or "wet" looking, but rather balanced and normal. Fine lines and pores were also reduced. 

When used as a primer, I noticed my foundation didn't slip and slide. It stayed in place, fresh-looking, and its longevity was also extended. 

The texture is a bit thick and feels slightly tacky at first, but the feeling subsides within a minute after application. It never feels heavy on my skin. It in fact, feels soft. You can detect a subtle smell of sunscreen, but nothing overpowering. 

The packaging is perfect for travel. Plastic, soft but also chic, and I love the color. I also like the way the product is dispensed when you squeeze the tube. It's very easy to control the amount you want.

After eye serum, eye cream and facial serum
Dotting Tatcha Pore Perfecting Sunscreen
After blending Tatcha Pore Perfecting Sunscreen

As you can see, the sunscreen is virtually undetectable.

The texture, the quality, the protection, the benefits and the results make this, in my opinion, a must. It absolutely fulfilled all my expectations. If you feel like $68 is too much for you but you still want to try it, Tatcha offers a travel size for $13. And if you have never purchased anything from their website, you're in for a treat. They have, in my opinion, the most beautiful packaging and they always welcome you with a handwritten note. 

Well done, Tatcha!



1 comment:

  1. Very wonderful and helpful article!! I look forward to more helpful article from you. I try Sakare’s skincare cleansing products for cleansing, moisturizing, exfoliating and protecting my skin from damage. It works just perfect.

    ReplyDelete