Tatcha is one of those brands my skin loves because I can always go back to the line whenever it's having a freak-out moment. I've mentioned several products on the blog in the past, but something that I knew was missing in the line was a sunscreen, and I wasn't the only one who asked the company to please formulate one.
When Tatcha revealed on their Instagram page the big news that a sunscreen was launching, I got super excited and knew I had to buy it. I had a feeling it would be pretty darn perfect, because I know Victoria Tsai, Tatcha's founder, had been working hard with her team to creating a formula that we would all love.
The company kindly reached out to me offering me a PR sample to try, which made my day. But just because a company sends me a product, does not mean I'll give it a rave review. My followers know that I take pride in the integrity of my reviews and I wouldn't endorse a product I don't believe in. Tatcha is a luxury brand, hence the high price tag. So is the Tatcha Pore Perfecting Sunscreen really worth the money?
Let's break it down.
For $68 (full-size), you get 60ml of product. Yes, pricy for a sunscreen. But you're paying for the quality of the product. Its active ingredients are Ocitisalate 5% and Zinc Oxide 15%. And you're getting food for the skin while you're protecting yourself from the harmful UVA/UVB rays. Licorice, for example is a well-known anti-inflammatory ingredient that also helps combat hyperpigmentation.
Tatcha also claims this sunscreen can double up as your primer. I've used it as a sunscreen and also as primer. When used as a sunscreen, I notice my skin was soft and surprisingly, matte -- but not that matte-flat look. Regardless of South Florida's high heat index and ridiculous humidity (+85%), my skin was never shiny or "wet" looking, but rather balanced and normal. Fine lines and pores were also reduced.
When used as a primer, I noticed my foundation didn't slip and slide. It stayed in place, fresh-looking, and its longevity was also extended.
The texture is a bit thick and feels slightly tacky at first, but the feeling subsides within a minute after application. It never feels heavy on my skin. It in fact, feels soft. You can detect a subtle smell of sunscreen, but nothing overpowering.
The packaging is perfect for travel. Plastic, soft but also chic, and I love the color. I also like the way the product is dispensed when you squeeze the tube. It's very easy to control the amount you want.
| After eye serum, eye cream and facial serum |
| Dotting Tatcha Pore Perfecting Sunscreen |
| After blending Tatcha Pore Perfecting Sunscreen |
As you can see, the sunscreen is virtually undetectable.
The texture, the quality, the protection, the benefits and the results make this, in my opinion, a must. It absolutely fulfilled all my expectations. If you feel like $68 is too much for you but you still want to try it, Tatcha offers a travel size for $13. And if you have never purchased anything from their website, you're in for a treat. They have, in my opinion, the most beautiful packaging and they always welcome you with a handwritten note.
Well done, Tatcha!
No comments:
Post a Comment